Ajaz Karim found guilty

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Chrissie Boy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Ajaz Karim found guilty

Post by Chrissie Boy »

I must admit that I don't for one moment comprehend why anyone'd think it made sense to try the remaining two defendants together. One of them is accused by just one complainant, the other by multiple complainants. One of them is accused of offences against a solitary female, the other of multiple offences against males and females. And their offences appear not to be linked.

So how can the two defendants possibly be tried together? Wouldn't there be a risk that the jury would see the 'lesser' of the two alleged offenders as being somehow tainted by the presence of the more prolific alleged offender?

I just don't get it at all.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

LongGone wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 pm
jhopgood wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:00 pmUruguayo
Meh! Close enough. :-)
You remind me of a director where I worked, who was reputed to have refused to go to Central America as there had just been a revolution in Peru. :lol:
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jhopgood wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:14 am
LongGone wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 pm
jhopgood wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:00 pmUruguayo
Meh! Close enough. :-)
You remind me of a director where I worked, who was reputed to have refused to go to Central America as there had just been a revolution in Peru. :lol:
Was that why Paddington Bear REALLY came to England ??

:oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Chrissie Boy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am I must admit that I don't for one moment comprehend why anyone'd think it made sense to try the remaining two defendants together. One of them is accused by just one complainant, the other by multiple complainants. One of them is accused of offences against a solitary female, the other of multiple offences against males and females. And their offences appear not to be linked.

So how can the two defendants possibly be tried together? Wouldn't there be a risk that the jury would see the 'lesser' of the two alleged offenders as being somehow tainted by the presence of the more prolific alleged offender?

There are all sorts of reasons for joiner, including commonality of complainant.

Best left until after the trial when we know what the evidence actually is.
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Post by LHA »

richardb wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 pm
Chrissie Boy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am I must admit that I don't for one moment comprehend why anyone'd think it made sense to try the remaining two defendants together. One of them is accused by just one complainant, the other by multiple complainants. One of them is accused of offences against a solitary female, the other of multiple offences against males and females. And their offences appear not to be linked.

There are all sorts of reasons for joiner, including commonality of complainant.

Best left until after the trial when we know what the evidence actually is.
I have been angered by the censorship of some posts on this forum , albeit not recently- but it is really important not to discuss the detail of a --- forthcoming --- trial
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

That's why I urged caution.
lvesey
3rd Former

Post by lvesey »

Does anyone know when the next trial starts? (Sometime in May is all I’ve read)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

lvesey wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:46 am Does anyone know when the next trial starts? (Sometime in May is all I’ve read)

richardb
, the above poster is usually in the know about such matters.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

I believe it is 29 May.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

There's a long tradition of "joining" the guilty together in this country. In the old days if there were a lot of prisoners taken to Tyburn to be hanged they would often be roped together in the tumbril on their dismal journey and then strung up in a line on the scaffold. I guess this is a modern day version.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

rockfreak wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:04 pm There's a long tradition of "joining" the guilty together in this country. In the old days if there were a lot of prisoners taken to Tyburn to be hanged they would often be roped together in the tumbril on their dismal journey and then strung up in a line on the scaffold. I guess this is a modern day version.
You're quite right about the Tyburn journey Freaky, which was slow and lengthy. With stops at ale houses on route. Partly responsible for the old saying, 'One For The Road'.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

sejintenej wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 pm
marty wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm
sejintenej wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:24 pm I once offered a prize to anyone on the internet who could nominate a politician of any country and of any time period who was undoubtedly ans incontroversially honest. The prize has not been earned.
Martin Bell.

When can I collect my prize please?
If you are referring to the Martin Bell who is being exploited on Facebook I consider him to be a businessman and not a politician. i could be wrong so please come and make your case in Washington DC.
Sorry no idea who you’re talking about. I mean the former war reporter, independent MP & now UNICEF ambassador. Can’t find any dirt on him on Facebook or anywhere else for that matter. Perhaps he picks his nose or leaves the toilet seat up...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bell
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

marty wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 am
marty wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Martin Bell.

When can I collect my prize please?
If you are referring to the Martin Bell who is being exploited on Facebook I consider him to be a businessman and not a politician. i could be wrong so please come and make your case in Washington DC.
Sorry no idea who you’re talking about. I mean the former war reporter, independent MP & now UNICEF ambassador. Can’t find any dirt on him on Facebook or anywhere else for that matter. Perhaps he picks his nose or leaves the toilet seat up...

I think David means Martin Lewis.

I knew you meant The Man In The White Suit.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:36 pm
marty wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 am

I think David means Martin Lewis.

I knew you meant The Man In The White Suit.

..... and there was me thinking that was an old film starring Sir Alec Guiness !!!

DOH !
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Mid A 15 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:16 pm
Spoonbill wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:29 pm I remember going along to a House Baths session when I was 14 and being struck down by a nasty bout of cramp in one of my legs while I was swimming, so I hauled myself out onto the side of the pool. The master who was supervising the session saw that I had cramp, so he hunkered down at the poolside and massaged my calf till the pain went away. Bearing in mind that I was only wearing a pair of swimming trunks at the time, should I consider myself to have been indecently assaulted?

If not, then why is Ajaz Karim facing a gaol sentence? The only difference seems to be that Ajaz Karim was a bit of a creep with a very large ego, while the master who massaged my leg wasn't.
Spoony, over the years I and others have greatly enjoyed your occasional tendency to launch a Barnes Wallis bouncing bomb on here and wait for the inevitable fall out.

However, even if your tongue is partly in your cheek, you cannot seriously compare what was effectively emergency first aid to your semi naked form in full view of a crowded swimming pool with what has been described on this and other threads.
Time Spoony had a limerick:
Some welcomed the comeback of Spoony,
While others still thought him a loony.
His cannonball shots
Had them covering their bots
And bulging the net like Wayne Rooney.