Location, location, location.......

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Location, location, location.......

Post by Jude »

hi all,
Just wondered if there were any Old Girls (& Old Boys I guess!) who live near or around Gloucestershire? I was in 5's (Hertford) from 1975 - 1980, and would like to catch up on other's lives since leaving..

I have a 21yr son Chris, who went to Horsham for a couple of years - was in Lamb b, but got so badly bullied - (yep guys you have left a fortune of ways to incite pain it seems.. :twisted: :twisted: ) I pulled him out - he then went to Millfield and then locally at Wycliffe (don't say anything about the headmaster!) and a daughter nearly 18 who is hoping to get into med school starting next Sept/Oct..

I have some medical probs so am home and no longer working... although it seems I have more to do than ever before! But it would be good even to just chat by email....
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

What's your surname if you don't mind me asking - I may have known your son... (Lamb B is unfortunately one of the worst for bullyig (or it was in the 90's)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Jude
Button Grecian

Bullying

Post by Jude »

Great Plum wrote:What's your surname if you don't mind me asking - I may have known your son... (Lamb B is unfortunately one of the worst for bullyig (or it was in the 90's)
Comber - my son is Chris Comber - by the time I got there on sat 14th Feb 1997 (I think) he was suicidal, sadly the house parents seemed totally oblivious to it all, even when the headmistress gave absolute proof! I know we girls were bitchy, but not to the extent of "milking" or carpet burns, "dead legging" and all the other things.. I mean my teddy bear was thrown out in the rain on my first night of school - 1975, and the springs were taken out of my bed when I came back late after my grandmother died in 1977, but that was nothing to what happened to Chris. I know of other boys who were taken out as well - it's a pity as CH does have the ability to be SO GREAT - but these things just pull it down, and sour my view certainly... Sad really, as I got a lot out of CH - music, sport, art, etc.
Lesleyab
2nd Former

Re: Location, location, location.......

Post by Lesleyab »

Jude wrote:hi all,
Just wondered if there were any Old Girls (& Old Boys I guess!) who live near or around Gloucestershire?
Hi Jude,

Am not actually living in Gloucestershire, but I lived in Randwick (tiny village near Stroud) for a year when I was younger and spent a week in a cottage in Stow in Sept. Had a great time driving around the country with a friend from a course I am on - it bought back fond memories. Hope that your health problems are not too dibilitating.

take care,

Lesley
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Hullo Jude,
I saw your posting by chance. Although I live in Devon I know that there is an active OB regional group in your area which meets for lunch fairly regularly. The convenor is Peter Wornell. I can send you his address by PM if you are interested.

I should add that Peter and I were both in Lamb B, but in the late 1940s/early 1950s and I cannot recall any significant bullying - but that was a long time ago.
Jude
Button Grecian

Re: Location, location, location.......

Post by Jude »

Lesleyab wrote:
Jude wrote:hi all,
Just wondered if there were any Old Girls (& Old Boys I guess!) who live near or around Gloucestershire?
Hi Jude,

Am not actually living in Gloucestershire, but I lived in Randwick (tiny village near Stroud) for a year when I was younger and spent a week in a cottage in Stow in Sept. Had a great time driving around the country with a friend from a course I am on - it bought back fond memories. Hope that your health problems are not too dibilitating.

take care,

Lesley
Well Lesley,
If you are ever in the Cotswolds again - give me a call and come for a cuppa - I'm just off the M5 (2 miles), 15 miles from Cirencester - so any OB who may need a bed for the night or is local or passing throgh - give me at least 24 hours notice ! but there is a spare room! Cats rule the house so you must like them too!!!