Holly Walsh

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Holly Walsh

Post by J.R. »

I'm tantalised - BELIEVE ME, I'm tantalised.
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

:mutley:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I didn't know Polaroid camera's had been invented them, and digital camera's were a long way orf !

:axe:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: School Photos

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Angela Woodford wrote:I rather wish there were informal photos by the Horsham boys. Perhaps it was not the done thing to photograph each other? Or they weren't allowed cameras?
Somewhere I have some very primitive photos of Col A horseplay and rugby (plus c'est different, plus c'est la meme chose...) taken by Bob Crawshaw. Should that somewhere happen to be in Thailand, rather than an attic in Kent, I may one day get round to scanning and posting them.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Secret Photos

Post by Angela Woodford »

Well! :shock:

Ooh, yes please Philip. Schoolboys... horseplay.... rugby! Maybe snaps from the showers? :wink:

(Hastily snapping back into virtuous mode) So interesting to learn more about life at Horsham.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Andy Friend
3rd Former

Post by Andy Friend »

Great Plum wrote:Holly was a girl on my year in Leigh Hunt B... (1992-1999)

I've just found out that she was presenting CBBC over the half term break...

She is also a stand up comedian apparently... http://www.pbjmgt.co.uk/clients/holly-w ... raphy.html

And to think she said no to me when I asked her out on Scout Camp at the end of my squits!
Marmalade and mustard sandwich Matt? You definitley shouldn't have started this topic!!!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Very true Mr Friend... I will no doubt live to regret this...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
bobcrawshaw
2nd Former

Re: School Photos

Post by bobcrawshaw »

Ajarn Philip wrote:
Angela Woodford wrote:I rather wish there were informal photos by the Horsham boys. Perhaps it was not the done thing to photograph each other? Or they weren't allowed cameras?
Somewhere I have some very primitive photos of Col A horseplay and rugby (plus c'est different, plus c'est la meme chose...) taken by Bob Crawshaw. Should that somewhere happen to be in Thailand, rather than an attic in Kent, I may one day get round to scanning and posting them.
Well perhaps I can oblige. This I hope will be the first of a collection I have, I just need to dig the rest of the negatives out of storage. This first one is of Ken Brown attacking Phil Underwood in a Col A dormitory c.1973. Note the regulation pajamas and housey coat (with yellow lining) hanging up. These were the days of the houses having 2 dorms each containing 25 or so boys. Long gone days especially now considering Col A is a girls house.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy12 ... /CH001.jpg
Ma.A 1968-1971 Col.A 1971-1975
bobcrawshaw
2nd Former

Re: Unofficial photos of Horsham, 70's

Post by bobcrawshaw »

OK, didn't get the previous picture insertion right try this:-

Of note too is the original horsehair mattresses we slept on (most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on) and the open settle, cast iron with a wooden lid which we kept our clothes in overnight (plus illicit alcohol etc. but that is another story)
Ma.A 1968-1971 Col.A 1971-1975
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

We had horsehair mattresses (and pillows) at Hertford too but I have no memory of where we hung our everyday uniform, was it at the head of the bed? At the side of the bed we had a small locker like an old-fashioned hospital one with a shelf at the back for soapdish, toothmug etc, and a towel rail below.
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

englishangel wrote:We had horsehair mattresses (and pillows) at Hertford too but I have no memory of where we hung our everyday uniform, was it at the head of the bed? At the side of the bed we had a small locker like an old-fashioned hospital one with a shelf at the back for soapdish, toothmug etc, and a towel rail below.
I was trying to remember this myself and came up with 3 poss options: yes, at the head of the bed on a hanger , in our baskets under the bed (but would have ended up very creased!) , or was there hanging space inside the locker??
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

There was a hook at the head of the bed, but surely we didn't have the luxury of a hanger? I think undies or nightwear went in the basket.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Nightwear, dressing gown and slippers definitely went in the basket, but no idea where tunics/blouses/summer dresses went, not in the basket I don't think.
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

I think they must have gone on a hanger or hook at the head of the bed. I can't think of anywhere else they could have gone.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75