Theatre/Event Lighting

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

mattholluk
2nd Former

Theatre/Event Lighting

Post by mattholluk »

I am a Project Manager at one of the largest entertainment lighting companies, supplying equipment and expertise to the west end, regional and touring theatre.

We also encompass events at lots of major venues in London such as Royal Courts of Justice, the Gherkin and Twickenham Stadium.

We occasionally have spaces available for work experience which involves work in the warehouse and on site depending on how busy the period is.

Check out what we do here: http://www.whitelight.ltd.uk

Matt
philglenny
2nd Former

Re: Theatre/Event Lighting

Post by philglenny »

Hi Matt

Just wondering if you are still working for White Light (incidentally we are order the Grecians' Ball kit from them this year!). I would really like to go into the industry and clearly you'd be a good contact to have!

Thanks

Phil
Phil Glenny | Peele B 2005-
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Miles Pinnegar, Barnes B from my time, had his own company in the lighting industry and did the lighting for the Chapel and the sports Centre, so he might have some contacts.
He was at Old Blues Day last year so the office may be able to put you in contact.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
philglenny
2nd Former

Post by philglenny »

Thanks for that - I'll get onto the CHA office!
Phil Glenny | Peele B 2005-
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

philglenny wrote:Hi Matt

Just wondering if you are still working for White Light (incidentally we are order the Grecians' Ball kit from them this year!). I would really like to go into the industry and clearly you'd be a good contact to have!

Thanks

Phil
Matt hasn't worked for white light for a little while now and is now based in New York. He is (I think!) a production manager (stage manager???) for some extrmely large arena based children shows (such as Thomas the Tank Engine...) Drop me a PM - he would be a useful contact to have...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99