emails

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

poppy
2nd Former

emails

Post by poppy »

Starting to get my knickers in a twist !! We have had no email from our DD or letters! Also we were told no phones. So how are you lucky parents getting texts? if that is not a silly question? I can only presume dd has not been set up on email yet? I dont want to hassle Houseparent but would love to hear from dd. :( :( :(
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Re: emails

Post by Barnes Mum »

The texts people are refering to are coming from older pupils. Don't panic, I know the little ones in our House only posted letters home yesterday. I'm sure you will hear soon. If a quick phone call to her Houseparent would put your mind at rest then I'm sure they would be more than happy to talk to you.
poppy
2nd Former

Post by poppy »

Thank you for your reply. I hope we will hear soon.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

In their first IT lesson they learn about their school email account and are told to send an email home so if your DD knows your address you should be lucky.

I know that in my son's house, some of the Second Form don't have their first IT lesson until Tuesday (tomorrow).

If there was a real problem the house parents would have rung you but if you are anxious, just ring the house parent or matron and ask them. They won't mind and it will make you feel better :)
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Poppy, I've sent you a pm. You can work out what your daughter's school email address will be, it should already be up and running so you could send her an email and when she has IT it will be there waiting for her to read :D
lonelymom :rolleyes:
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

no texts but we had a couple of emails. They were really very short though and DD knows my email addy off by heart. I reckon i only got a postcard because i made her stamped addressed ones and made her swear to send one within 2 days!!!
wide awake on the edge of the world
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

So are you all sending letters back? They love getting post, with the odd bar of chocolate hidden inside the envelope to encourage a big smile :D
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

No news is generally good news... :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

sending birthday card and pressie today. Thats a bit sad.. :(
wide awake on the edge of the world
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

My youngest, Louise, has a birthday this week too. Last year was horrible, this year won't be quite as bad because I'm going up to see her on Thursday to take up her pressies and spend a couple of hours with her. It's hard knowing that she won't ever have another birthday at home until she leaves CH, but they have a good time on the day, and their house sings happy birthday in dining hall in the morning, with each house trying to out-sing the other. I'm finding it harder to come to terms with my baby being a teenager!! :(
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I started sending a postcard or 2 a week when my DS started. He has kept them all and now I plan to keep it up all through his time at CH.

I'm not looking forward to his birthday though....for the first time EVER it is NOT in half term so it will be the first one we have not spent together doing something fun. Hey ho!

Happy Birthday Louise and everyone else with an upcoming birthday :)
Pixie
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Pixie »

wickedwitch wrote:sending birthday card and pressie today. Thats a bit sad.. :(
This reminded me of one of my birthdays back in the 60s or early 70s while I was at CH. It was February and there was a postal strike on. As there were no cards or presents for me from my family ISTR DR gave me a present. It was a scarf, not exactly to my taste but it was a rare glimpse of the kindness that DR was capable of.
3.8 65-72
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DS has just sent distressing email, his padlock is not locking and he is scared all his tuck will disappear.I gave him a combination one. Does the school shop sell any?Does any one know??
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Has he asked his houseparent? My daughters hire one from the houseparent for a £1 deposit. Failing that yes, I'm sure the shop will do... they sell most things.
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

thanks lonelymum,what will I do without you.....................my mind went blank,I have called Matron who is going to sort it out for him.
I really do not know when I will get used to this life :( DD who is 8 also wants to go to CH. HELP :(