The next stage

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

The next stage

Post by CHDad »

Well the first 211/2 weeks are just about passed and D.S is coming home tomorrow! All his e.mails have been really positive so I hope he is going to be bubbling over with stories to tell us tomorrow. We are looking forward to the weekend with him, however I think it will by slightly difficult come Sunday pm when we have to take him back. How have parents found this in years past? I suppose the thought of a 2 week half term at the end of the next 3 weeks will be something to really look forward to for us parents!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: The next stage

Post by Mrs C. »

Expect him to want to sleep for most of the weekend!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

When he is not eating!
poppy
2nd Former

Post by poppy »

Hi Dinahcat. My thoughts exactly. My dd is a second former as well amd I am really :( dreading saying goodbye on Sun!
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

Oh dear. Try not to think of it like that ,though that's easier said that done! My eldest once said to me 'Thanks for not making it hard for me to go away'. I think she meant-bless her- that she knew why she was at the school and she knew I missed her but we didn't dwell on it because we had made the right choice.What she didn't need was me telling her what she already knew -that it's tough to part with the company of your child.Try really hard to just listen to what they give you without being too ful lon with the questions. It will all come out in the wash anyway. What you may find, as I did ,that the time is so precious that you don't take it for granted and you don't have the time to argue about things that might have seemed important when you were always together.Make sure you he plenty of laughs ...in between the sleeping and eating and generally casting proud glances at your supine offspring!
Jane5
2nd Former

Post by Jane5 »

CH dad you will have a great weekend! My advice would be allow your son time to adjust back and don't bombard him with questions straight away. At CH they are surrounded by others all the time and it is an adjustment to come back to home where it is smaller and quieter! it only takes a couple of hours. I agree that all he will probably want to do is laze around in front of the TV and generally wind down.
Taking back on Sunday is difficult for parents, but I cope by knowing that my children are very happy, having a fantastic education and being very well cared for. Over time I have realised that we have such good quality time together when the children are home, its fantastic!
Have a great weekend.
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

Generally our contact with Dd has been totally positive but we did get a rather sorry postcard last week which ended
"i just want to leave and never come back but i know it is for my benefit" :( :( :(
Most of the postcards have been much more jolly and when i asked her about this one she said that it was the first one that she had sent - the second day there - and it must just have got held up in the post!!

Looking forward to having her back but with a 5 and a 3 year old here it wont be much quieter than CH!!

and a big heads up to Barnesmum for keeping an eye on my baby, albeit from afar, and keeping me informed. Muchly appreciated xx
wide awake on the edge of the world
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

I was just thinking back to this time, one year ago (and three years ago), and remembering the overwelming feeling of relief when I saw my daughter for the first time in three weeks and she was smiling! And I wanted to wish all the new parents a very happy, relaxed and cuddly weekend! :D
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

... and my little darling (now a Dep) has decided to stay in London with her friends and to honour us with her presence for a few hours on Sunday :( She's just phoned from London after the St Matthew's Day Parade and Service and it poured with rain ... some nice wet Housies coming back to school matrons!! (Do the new parents know about St Matthew's Day?)

In our experience leave weekends have tended to be divided into three - when they first get get home on the Friday they are exhausted and it's very hard to get any info out of them. The Saturday tends to be the most relaxed day and the Sunday just flies by.

Lots of love to all the new parents who will be seeing their children this weekend :D