Dates

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Dates

Post by Volupturaptor »

We have a family wedding to attend at the beginning of September, so I checked the CH website to see when the term starts. The dates only go up to the end of the school year, so do not include September of this year. I phoned CH, only to be told that dates will not be decided until much later in the school year.

Is this usual? I already have dates for the next school year for my daughter's state primary, not that we need them, but I'm amazed that CH seem to think this is so unimportant, how do you all mange to make plans?
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: Dates

Post by Mrs C. »

Most odd

According to the school calendar. term starts Sept 4th. Leave Weekend being 23-25th Sept
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I found the dates for most of next year on the website, but I'm not sure where :oops: but I have the same dates as Mrs C and half term starts on the 15th Oct :?
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I think the CH webmaster has not updated the website fully as there is an error! If you look under School>Information>term dates the information is mainly for last year and out of date. If you look under the News and information tab (rather than "school") you will see "term dates" and find the current year listed correctly.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

That is odd...

I was sure I'd seen the dates previously on the website, but they seem to be gone, or maybe they were last years...? :?

Maybe I was told the dates had not yet been decided because I told them my daughter will be a new entrant. They start a few days later don't they?

Wedding is on the 3rd, so at least it doesn't clash, but it takes place over that side of the country, so it would be useful to know when the new entrants need to be there, as if need be, I could book our accommodation for an extra day or two and take her straght from there, rather than coming all the way home in between. It would mean a marathon packing session first though!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Ah, thanks CH Dad, off to look.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

You will be ok for 3rd, I imagine new entrants will start on Wednesday 7th, if it is the same arrangement as previous years. I just checked again and on the News and information section term dates are given right into 2012.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Yes, that's what I saw before! I remember reading the bit about it changing from end of August. :D
Anyone know how many days later the new 2nd formers usually start?
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Ahead of me again CHDad! :lol:
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I should add that it is not the packing that is the problem, it is sewing all the labels in!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Labels, yes, dreading them. Fortunately my mum has already offered to help! :)
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

I should start now, if I were you........
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

I will, just as soon as I know what has to go on the labels!