New entrants pack!

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

New entrants pack!

Post by Ineedacoffee »

Hello! Can anyone tell me about Barnes A? Mrs. Stamp? We and Dd excited and would love any details...looking forward to may 8th!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: New entrants pack!

Post by pinkhebe »

Or indeed Peele B? :D :D :D
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Peele B! Yay!

My DS's house. Long walk to dining hall and lessons etc but gets them fit!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Ha Ha, I did notice it was the furthest from the dining room! but ds pointed out it was closest to the tennis courts :D
ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

Mrs Stamp is fantastic, you couldn't want for a better more motherly, down to earth housemistress. She has loads of experience and seems to have the balance of firmness, fairness and fun right - well so my daughter reports.
Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

Post by Ineedacoffee »

Thanks reallymissingher! Is your daughter in Barnes A then? What year? We can't figure out from map where the hm private residence would be. Across the street? Thanks!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Ineedacoffee wrote:Hello! Can anyone tell me about Barnes A? Mrs. Stamp? We and Dd excited and would love any details...looking forward to may 8th!
Mrs Stamp is a very experienced housemistress (when I was there, she was housemistress of Barnes B next door) She always struck me as being very fair and friendly and the girls all get on with her!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

Ineedacoffee wrote:Thanks reallymissingher! Is your daughter in Barnes A then? What year? We can't figure out from map where the hm private residence would be. Across the street? Thanks!
My daughter's in Ba A too :D . She'll be in the GE by the time your daughter starts in September. As for the HSM residence, Mrs Stamp has a self contained flat within the boarding house, as have the two matrons. It's a fantastic house with a fantastic Houseparent, I'm sure your daughter will be very happy there! :D
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Or Col A? ( apart from a shorter walk to meals), are the houses broadly similar?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Atticus wrote:Or Col A? ( apart from a shorter walk to meals), are the houses broadly similar?

Much and much alike !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

The houseparents of Leigh Hunt A and B, Maine B, Thornton A, Peele A and B all have large 6 bedroom attached houses to the side (built at the same time as the houses) Lamb A and B have these hideously ugly pastiches of those attached houses on the back ash (how they got planning permission is beyond me) built around 2002ish. (all the remaining houses were due to have these but thank goodness they ran out of money or the kids would have had no where to play near the houses!) The remaining houses all have large houseparent duplex flats in the 1960's extensions at the back.
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

another one here for Barnes A!
wide awake on the edge of the world
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Wickedwitch, your daughter might be Ineedacoffee's nursemaid :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

My daughter will be in Barnes A too. :D
On Sunday, she's really hoping to see some of the girls she met at the residential assessment. Having been taken ill at the time, she had to leave before she got round to exchanging contact details, so she has no idea who did or didn't get a place.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

It wouldn't even have occurred to my son to swap contact details, but he did make friends with one particular boy and also hopes his roommate got in.