Donation Governors List

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Donation Governors List

Post by lippizaner »

I have another question.
When do they send this list out to potential candidates?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: Donation Governors List

Post by pinkhebe »

we got it when we'd sent off all the forms and payment for the first test. About September I think.
Suzy
2nd Former

Post by Suzy »

My DS received a reply from his Governor at the end of December. The child that my DS's sponsor presented didn't pass the November assessment. My advice would be to be very honest, and not embarrassed about revealing personal information. It now seems a very small price to pay for the amazing education my DS is now receiving. I'm certain all information is kept confidential. Christ's Hospital has done wonders for my son, I couldn't recommend it enough. Good luck.
kittykat
3rd Former

Post by kittykat »

I was wondering this too. When I enquired back in Jan I was told by admissions that those eligible would hear by the end of April... I note that someone has already been advised about presentations for 2012 entry, so does anyone know if they let parents know all at the same time or more individually?

How much are the costs of the tests etc?

Oh, this admission lark is all quite confusing! :?
Dr Mummy
3rd Former

Post by Dr Mummy »

We received the list of potential Governors around this time last year I think but did not hear back anything from them until the Oct half term!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

We received the list with the second pile of forms to fill in, dd was delighted to hear that she had a governor quite some time after she had passed both entrance exams.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

I too was told that we would hear about the end of April. Or was it March? Can't remember, but have as yet heard nothing. Oh dear. One more thing to agonise about.
One would assume that the governors with presentations would want to take a while to decide which child to present, not rush it after the exams. I hope.
Anyone know anything else?
kittykat
3rd Former

Post by kittykat »

lippizaner wrote:I too was told that we would hear about the end of April. Or was it March? Can't remember, but have as yet heard nothing. Oh dear. One more thing to agonise about.
One would assume that the governors with presentations would want to take a while to decide which child to present, not rush it after the exams. I hope.
Anyone know anything else?
Lippizaner - or, indeed, any other 2012 entry parents - did you get a letter about donation governorship for 2012 from CH this morning?