New parent seeking contacts

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: New parent seeking contacts

Post by cupcakemom »

My dd (still not quite got what that stands for?!) will be in Barnes B. No "little envelope" in the post yet or house number but I'm not sure we need any additional fuel to the excitement at this stage! I too am looking forward to Sunday (although the forecast is not good) so I can meet some of you and also get more tips (loving the contact details on bits of paper thing - brilliant!).
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Will remember to put my brolly in the car then! After all this lovely weather it would be such a shame if it rained!

Am sure your envelope will be winging it's way to you, there was a letter from her house buddy which was lovely and a note from the HM. I think it's great for them to receive a letter from someone in their house I know DD will be looking out for her buddy on Sunday!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I was interested to see you live 3.5 hours away - we are 3 hours away although I expect in a totally different direction! If your DD (dear daughter, I think) is in Thorn A then she will be next door to my DS (dear son!).
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Weather looks good in Brighton on Sunday, so fingers crossed for Horsham. It does look like rain overnight though.

No letter for us today either
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Yada Yada, I am in Staffordshire - where are you? Is your DS in year 3 next year?

Pinkhebe, thanks for that as long as it's in the night I don't mind! CH is so beautiful it would be lovely to go and see it again in the sunshine. Am sure the letter is on it's way, the bank holidays will have mucked up the post a bit no doubt! How will I recognise you in Sunday?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

We are in South Lincolnshire. He will be in LE next year - so in his 3rd year at CH. He loves it; after a difficult first year he has really found his feet. And staff are wonderful.
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

So my dd will be in the year below I think? I must admit we were so excited after our visit for the tests in March, everyone did seem so friendly and helpful. dd is scarily independent so don't think homesickness will be an issue, she has asked me to drop her off and go!!! I think it will be the new routines and procedures she will find a bit daunting (although she would never admit it LOL) she comes from a very small middle school in a market town and was a bit overawed by the buildings, size, band etc!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

cupcakemom wrote:My dd (still not quite got what that stands for?!) will be in Barnes B. No "little envelope" in the post yet or house number but I'm not sure we need any additional fuel to the excitement at this stage! I too am looking forward to Sunday (although the forecast is not good) so I can meet some of you and also get more tips (loving the contact details on bits of paper thing - brilliant!).
Your Dear Daughter is going to be in the same house as my two daughters :D
lonelymom :rolleyes:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Maybe we should all wear carnation button holes in order to recognise each other :D

Sorry, I'm medium height with shoulder length brown hair, dh is 6'1 with very little hair and we'll have a son who's 11 and average height with light brown hair. We're very recognisable :lol:
Dr Mummy
3rd Former

Post by Dr Mummy »

Does anyone know anything about Thornton B please?? Thanks
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Pinkhebe, LOL am off to the florists! Will look out for you on Sunday! :D

Dr Mum, sorry am new also so cannot offer any help whatsoever but have found this forum great and incredibly supportive. Will you be there on Sunday?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Dr Mummy wrote:Does anyone know anything about Thornton B please?? Thanks
Yes, my mum is one of the tutors there! :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Dr Mummy
3rd Former

Post by Dr Mummy »

Thank you Great Plum! Everyone certainly seemed very welcoming there yesterday and were unanimous in their claim that it was the best house to be in!!
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

Fairy wrote:Wow, am amazed at all the posts already! Thank you! x DD will be starting in Thornton A and yes I will be at the new entrants day on Sunday! I must confess have spent the entire day reading posts but I still have so many questions! What a wonderful group of people you are. x
My daughter is in TH A in third form and will be looking after a squit in September. (Hope she was friendly yesterday) Do you know who your DD's nursemaid is? TH A Is great! We love Mrs M!
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

YadaYada wrote:We are in South Lincolnshire. He will be in LE next year - so in his 3rd year at CH. He loves it; after a difficult first year he has really found his feet. And staff are wonderful.
And we are S. Lincs too! All the best third-formers live there!