New Entrants' Day

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

New Entrants' Day

Post by cupcakemom »

I just wanted to say what a great day my dd and I had at CH - not a drop of rain in sight! Mrs Wilson is a delightful House Mistress and made me feel completely at ease - even if I did talk too much (there's a surprise!). My dd's nursemaid is everything I had hoped - bubbly, chatty and thoroughly over enthusiastic about the school and if my dd can turn out half as lovely as her BFD I'll be chuffed to bits! We've both arrived home with information overload! My dd is now even more excited about September and I feel much more "at peace" with the whole "boarding" thing. Barnes B really did feel like a happy home - but I am sure all the houses have this feel to them.

I had hoped to perhaps come across some of the "forum gang" today - even wore my cupcake necklace in the hopes of "identifying" myself - however, with so much going on sadly I don't think (perhaps I'm wrong) I did!

My dd thinks it's "wicked" the tuck shop sell blue raspberry bonbons (at least I know where her money will be going) and has been prancing about in the bits and pieces of PE kit I got (thanks again to everyone for the advice on this).

As warned - it was somewhat hectic in certain areas - but all with good spirits.

I feel a chapter of my life has now all but closed - having my little girl at home but a more exciting chapter is about to start!

The atmosphere in my home this evening is one of excitement and optimism. The journey begins!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: New Entrants' Day

Post by Mrs C. »

you came into tuckshop too then??

I`m so pleased everything went well!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

It is very exciting! I'm very happy it went so well.

Do be prepared for a bit of a rollercoaster of emotion once she starts.
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

The Tuck Shop was my dd's highlight! Blue Raspberry Bonbons = HEAVEN! We also bought a frog and a pen so I'll expect a postcard from the Bahamas from you soon!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

oh yes it was me who served you
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Dr Mummy
3rd Former

Post by Dr Mummy »

I have to say that I too feel much better about the whole boarding thing after today. All the staff and girls in my daughter's house were very supportive and enthusiastic and my mind has been put at rest on several levels. All in all a good day (despite giving up on getting the PE kit!)
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

We also had a fab time, nursemaid took us EVERYWHERE on the campus and I have rather sore feet! but at least I know where wardrobe is :D

My son's nursemaid is so friendly and helpful, a very mothering type of boy, and we enjoyed watching him in the Brass competition.

Housemasters son is adorable too :D
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Oh yes, any ideas where we get the house block rugby shirt from now that Broadbridges have stopped supplying?
Dr Mummy
3rd Former

Post by Dr Mummy »

We got the house rugby shirt and polo shirt from the house mistress. Didn't find out where wardrobe was though!!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

You won't need to know where wardrobe is (your son will find out soon enough though) but just for info, it's down behind Leigh Hunt.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Have just got home from today tired but elated. Thanks to all who contributed to the day, and for the advice re kit - managed to get one of everything! The time spent at the house was great and met some lovely people. I too was hoping to bump into some of the "forum" but we just didn't seem to have a minute!
OKS
3rd Former

Post by OKS »

So glad the new entrants all had a good day. Cupcakemom - gather my daughter is your dd's BFD!! So thank you for the lovely comments and she was thrilled with the cupcakes! She hates any discussion on here that might draw attention to her, so please send me a pm as it would be good to be in touch!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

lonelymom wrote:You won't need to know where wardrobe is (your son will find out soon enough though) but just for info, it's down behind Leigh Hunt.
I wonder if it will be down their permanently or whether it will return to its original location at the back of the kitchens after the refurb...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Ooooh, don't know, it was only pointed out to me recently by someone so didn't realise it hadn't been there forever. I've never needed to go there, I think it's only the kids and house staff that go isn't it?
lonelymom :rolleyes:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I don't think it's necessary to know where wardrobe is, but it just goes to show how thorough ds's nursemaid was :D