Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Re: Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Post by Spoonbill »

Angela Woodford wrote:I'm in considerably better shape at 58 than ever I was as the Hertford Fat Girl at 18 years old. I have humiliating memories of receiving glancings and mutterings in the street, reproving reminders if attempting to eat a cake in public, derisory comments in dress shops, and of course, looking huge and dreadful in the Hertford uniform
So you're saying you're living proof that it's possible, like Monica Geller in Friends, to go from being the school lard-arse to being a slinky nymphette?

I'd always imagined such talk to be utter twaddle....but your Facebook avatar seems to bear out the truth of the matter.

If you don't mind my asking (as a fat geezer), did the weight simply fall off you? Or have you had an enormous tapeworm living inside you for the last forty-odd years, deliberately implanted for its beneficial effect?
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I'll pm you, Spoony! Quite right, you've guessed my secret - I had a tapeworm implant, which I have always passed off as "diet and exercise". Hah! As if!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Those of us who knew Angela at school AND met her in Hertford 3 years ago can attest that while 'cuddly' at school (she was not a lard-arse, I think a lot of that was in her mind) she is indeed now a nymphet.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Goodness, Mary - nymphet indeed - but how extremely kind of you! XXX

Swimming, sunbathing, sauna-ing, nude leapfrogging - let's hope for a wonderful warm summer!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Absolutely, I appear in a bathing suit! Never thought about others' view of that - I just like to swim and I live near the beach (less than a mile from my front door). Then again, Spoonbill - I do live in the US and you've already pointed out the variety of body shapes we see here!
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Niece's partner to niece's favourite Aunt (during visit to Andalucia last year): 'Caroline! You are going to wear a bikini???????????????????'

Caroline to Liam: 'I most certainly am not. This is a tankini.'

'A what?'

'A fat person's bikini'.

The only benefit of a tankini over a one-piece is that it is far easier to get in and out of.

In Australia I usually wear a long baggy tee shirt over the top, and if snorkelling, cover my thighs with a beach skirt. This is not done with regard to other's sensibilities (rather than being offended by the size of my body, read a book, rest your eyes, or just plain get a life): I once sat on a plane next to an overseas visitor who had burnt the back of his thighs during a short float over The Reef the day before. I still squirm at the memory of his pain.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Regarding icomefrom....'s comment. On the same holiday in 1981 my lily-skinned Yorkshire-born husband gradually tanned wearing his Speedos, then on the next to last day he decided to bare all. When I went out alone to meet friends that evening they asked where he was. I said "Laying on his front with yogurt on his a*rse" !!!!
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

A portly object can (very) occasionally be spotted swimming at an extremely sedate pace in the sea off the Kent coast during the summer.

As to the views of others regarding my swimming attire (when it happens) the problem is all theirs. If I want to swim I will.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote: In Australia I usually wear a long baggy tee shirt over the top, and if snorkelling, cover my thighs with a beach skirt. This is not done with regard to other's sensibilities (rather than being offended by the size of my body, read a book, rest your eyes, or just plain get a life): I once sat on a plane next to an overseas visitor who had burnt the back of his thighs during a short float over The Reef the day before. I still squirm at the memory of his pain.
and when I swam on the Reef they insisted that I wore a coverall (like an ultra thin wet suit) in case I attracted the nasty wildlife; must have been my northern hemisphere tan :x :x :x :x cause I certainly didn't get one on that boat
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Angela Woodford wrote:Goodness, Mary - nymphet indeed - but how extremely kind of you! XXX

Swimming, sunbathing, sauna-ing, nude leapfrogging - let's hope for a wonderful warm summer!
So--- no complaints about the sunshine --- so far ! :)

But of course, we are now praying for RAIN for the Veggie Garden ! :(

BTW my Sauna has ceased to be used, until the colder days set in ---- this also reduces the electricity bill !!! (Skinflint !) :oops:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I must say, Dorking FC pitch could really do with 24 hours light rain. We want to seed and turf !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Any ideas how I can send you some rain? We have had several grey and miserable days recently, with some downpours.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:I must say, Dorking FC pitch could really do with 24 hours light rain. We want to seed and turf !
It's been so hot here (124ºF) that the cows are giving condensed milk but we are promised 5 days of showers / rain including three with thunderstorms. Being generous, I'm allowing Dorking to come and collect the rain
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

What's that in C? :D
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

RAIN !! last night ----- Broad Beans, Sugar-snap Peas, French Beans, Beetroot, Lettuce, Apples (7), Victoria Plums (2) all looking much better. :D :D
The front Lawn still resembles the Gobi Desert, but we mustn't complain !! :(

Apropos "Swimsuits" ---- TBA once remarked "When I married you, you had a lovely Six-pack ---- now it's contained in a crate ! "

I treasure a good insult when it is well made ! :lol: