Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Do You Still Appear in Public in a Swimsuit ?

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:RAIN !! last night ----- Broad Beans, Sugar-snap Peas, French Beans, Beetroot, Lettuce, Apples (7), Victoria Plums (2) all looking much better. :D :D
The front Lawn still resembles the Gobi Desert, but we mustn't complain !! :(

Apropos "Swimsuits" ---- TBA once remarked "When I married you, you had a lovely Six-pack ---- now it's contained in a crate ! "

I treasure a good insult when it is well made ! :lol:

LUCKY YOU ! S0d all here !!

I was very anti-social yesterday evening and had the sprinklers on for ages ! The roses certainly appreciated it, looking at them this morning !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2011/06/ ... 37030.html

back to swimsuits in public.... the rule in sauna is that swimsuits are NOT permitted, however, I sincerely hope that's a rule to be overlooked in this particular sauna. I've seen it, it's next to the art gallery, overlooking a main road and the footpath along the river! oo-er!
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Saunas -----
TBA and I were, in February, on a cruise to the Arctic, to view the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis, for the technical) which was a wonderful experience !

HOWEVER-- the Saunas (Male and Female) had no Guard Rails around the "Hot-box", which in a force 9 gale in the North Sea is disturbing -- to say the least.
More comical was the fact that the Ladies Massage Room opened DIRECTLY onto the Men's Shower Area ------(I have nothing, of which I am ashamed -- but :oops: )

I have suggested improvements to Cruise and Maritime, the owners of the Marco Polo, without success --- the matter of the Saunas is now in the hands of the Health and Safety Executive, and the Transport Ministry , via my MP.

I have just had a thought, that I have reported this to the Forum, previously ----- if so apologies !!
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:Saunas -----
TBA and I were, in February, on a cruise to the Arctic, to view the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis, for the technical) which was a wonderful experience !

HOWEVER-- the Saunas (Male and Female) had no Guard Rails around the "Hot-box", which in a force 9 gale in the North Sea is disturbing -- to say the least.
More comical was the fact that the Ladies Massage Room opened DIRECTLY onto the Men's Shower Area ------(I have nothing, of which I am ashamed -- but :oops: )

I have suggested improvements to Cruise and Maritime, the owners of the Marco Polo, without success --- the matter of the Saunas is now in the hands of the Health and Safety Executive, and the Transport Ministry , via my MP.

I have just had a thought, that I have reported this to the Forum, previously ----- if so apologies !!
You might want to rethink that comma, Neill :lol: :axe:
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Jo wrote:

Strange the difference such a little thing makes.... :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
Jo wrote:

Strange the difference such a little thing makes.... :wink:

I think Neill has already covered that, Andy !!!! (or not, as the case may be.......) :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Jo wrote:You might want to rethink that comma, Neill :lol: :axe:
Brilliantly spotted, Jo - you quite made my morning!
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Guilty -- M'lud ! :oops:

I can only claim my usual excuse ---- I was only a Geography Dep, kept on for Rugby (The Game -- not the School ) :lol:
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

In answer to the original question: of course not, with a nude (or as they say here: FKK, which means Freikörperkultur or "free body culture") beach within 15 mins drive.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

"Free Body Culture"! Love it!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

I remember that, in Southern Crete, there was a beach which was generally regarded as "Au Narure" -- I don't know the Greek !
It was there that most of the Germans would congregate, as did TBA and myself.

anyone appearing"Properly dressed" was apt to be regarded as a Voyeur !! :oops:

When in Rome ------
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

We found a couple in Greece too. My husband discovered why men wear trunks while diving!
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Boasting again ? :lol:
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Sociological aside....

A not unattractive young woman I know from my FKK beach says it's the one public place where she can be absolutely certain that she will not be molested, propositioned or otherwise sexually harassed. (That is not true, she says, of saunas. She won't go alone to mixed saunas.)
Th.B. 27 1955-63
DavidRawlins
Button Grecian

Post by DavidRawlins »

Most Greek islands have a beach where nudity is tolerated; the book "Greek Island Hopping", Thomas Cook, gives some advice. Otherwise one just has to look!
Col A 1946-1953