First year nearly over

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

First year nearly over

Post by CHDad »

Well the first year is nearly over. After my fears and worries of a year ago it has all been smoother and much, much easier than I ever would have imagined. D.S seems to be very happy at C.H and he even seems to have learnt something (I await end of year exam results before I can be certain). We have also enjoyed the many visits to C.H for concerts, rugby matches, cricket, speech day,band parade etc etc We still have Parents day and Beating the retreat to look forward to as well.

All in all I can't believe the year has gone by so quickly.

Just about to take D.S back for his last 2 weeks, he cannot wait to get back as he has his house outing tomorrow, I think for him home life is all rather boring now!
:D :D :D
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: First year nearly over

Post by lonelymom »

CHDad wrote: We still have Parents day and Beating the retreat to look forward to as well.
Bet that brings a tear to your eye! Especially if you see all the leaving band members afterwards crying. It's lovely to watch, and yet moving at the same time.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I find it moving every time I see the band so beating the retreat is definitely going to leave a lump in the throat.
Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

Post by Ineedacoffee »

Wow CHDad. Your Dear Child is very lucky to have you as a father.
After viewing various threads On this forum over the past 6 months - you seem so connected, caring and in the know.
Congratulations on a great first year. x
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Thanks!!!

I did find it very difficult to "send" him away to boarding school. However I thought that C.H would be perfect for him (he did as well) and it would appear that we were correct. However I must say that I have really enjoyed keeping as involved as possible in his life at CH. We are lucky as we live close to CH so visiting is easy.

My one big regret is that I did not go to CH as a child myself, I would have absoloutely loved it!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

CHDad wrote:I find it moving every time I see the band so beating the retreat is definitely going to leave a lump in the throat.
Even more so when you're in it !!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
TrueBlue
3rd Former

Post by TrueBlue »

CHDad wrote:My one big regret is that I did not go to CH as a child myself, I would have absoloutely loved it!
Theoretically, CH would have been such a life-changing experience that you would be earning too much to be eligible for anything but a full fee-paying place for your son!

Delighted that it has been such a success for your son.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I did receive a good education, however I did not enjoy it. I think I would have really enjoyed C.H which is what I am hoping for my son. There is something about the place which is difficult to "put your finger on", but everyone who has been to CH knows what I mean.