The Official Parents' Forum

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: The Official Parents' Forum

Post by wickedwitch »

i googled christ's hospital and got this forum way back before we applied for the school. It's been a great source of information and a good way of meeting lovely people. At the risk of annoying 'older' members, it is a bit of a pain having to sift through the 'do you remember when' posts that take over threads about current issues/problems but we cant expect everyone to post on a 'do you remember when' thread whenever you want to reminisce !! I did look at the official forum but found this to be more informative.
wide awake on the edge of the world
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

As far as this site is concerned, I tend to flick through the 'Parents etc' Forum. As an 'Oldie' as you put it, I did follow it closely when G/Daughter Amber was attempting a sixth form place at CH, (unsuccesfully).

Now she has completed her GCSE's at Secondary State school and is staying on for 2 years in the Sixth Form and has already been offered a place at Sussex Uni doing Art and Media Studies with music, it's all a bit academic.

To be quite honest, the 'internal' politics of CH today leave me colder and colder.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

J.R. wrote:
Now she has completed her GCSE's at Secondary State school and is staying on for 2 years in the Sixth Form and has already been offered a place at Sussex Uni doing Art and Media Studies with music, it's all a bit academic.

I went to Sussex Uni 20 years ago :shock: I had a fab time doing my ecology and conservation degree, and I hope that your Grandaughter also enjoys her time there. FWIW I met my husband at the Uni, and we've never left Brighton :D (also we've done nothing with our degrees :oops: )