sock ties and other miscellaneous queries

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: sock ties and other miscellaneous queries

Post by pinkhebe »

My son is intending on teaching himself the electric bass over the summer (we have to hand back his double bass as his lessons finish next week) he's not going to have lessons on the guitar at school, but is it worth him taking it with him? Will there be clubs he can play it in?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

we've just received more info from the school (not about the fees, but I'm ignoring that at the moment) It says to give the Health form and rail travel form to the housemaster and the clothing list to matron.

I remember the rail travel form, but I'm pretty sure I sent that somewhere quite a while back (before the assements I think) and what is the clothing list - a list of their civvies?

Also, do younger siblings generally come and say 'goodbye' on the first day of term. I can't decide whether to bring my youngest or not.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

Wen all went to the first day - family outing, which appeared to be normal.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

pinkhebe wrote:we've just received more info from the school (not about the fees, but I'm ignoring that at the moment) It says to give the Health form and rail travel form to the housemaster and the clothing list to matron.

I remember the rail travel form, but I'm pretty sure I sent that somewhere quite a while back (before the assements I think) and what is the clothing list - a list of their civvies?

Also, do younger siblings generally come and say 'goodbye' on the first day of term. I can't decide whether to bring my youngest or not.
The rail travel form (yellow) needs to be completed every term. It's to indicate whether you will be collecting by car, or whether your child will be getting the train, for leave weekends, half term and end of term. The health form is also completed every term, and it's a white form, with details of any medication etc your child is on, or any health issues you want matron to be aware of. Not sure what the clothing list is, the only thing I can think of is the measurement form, but that would already have been done. No, you don't give them a list of their civvies.

As for saying goodbye, no, we didn't. Apart from the fact my younger child was at school that day anyway, we also felt it would be too hard for everyone to have siblings saying goodbye. I can't remember any younger siblings being there actually.

If you need to clarify what the clothing list is, check with the school office :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

No, you don't give them a list of their civvies.
However, I did one (of civvies only) for my daughter to keep, so that she could remember what to bring home! Also noted on it the couple of items that shouldn't go through the school wash.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

DM's - yellow stitching around the soles or not?
Last edited by pinkhebe on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

pinkhebe wrote:DM's - yellow lacing around the soles or not?
husband's just got home and said no to the stiching
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I agree with your husband!
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

oops have already bought the ones with the yellow stitching - didn't realise there was a choice! Is is a huge deal? :oops:
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

I've bought ones with yellow stitching too, daughter has worn them to school the last couple of days to break them in a bit, so there's no sending them back...
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Yup mine has worn hers in too....
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I don't think it will matter. They need DMs because they walk such a lot and they are comfy and last - well, for as long as their feet don't grow!

At least yellow stitching will match their socks :)
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

:lol: that's true - colour co-ordinated shoes!

Thanks yadayada :D
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Help! i finished sewing the name labels into the sports kit last night, and found 2 comination locks we'd bought. The trouble is I can't remember why :oops: Do their tuck lockers need a lock on them? Is there anything else they need to lock up?
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

As far as I remember - they need them for their tuck locker and their wardrobe ... well, that's what I've bought them for! You're way ahead of me on the labelling front - I just keep looking at the labels and the mountain of clothes!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!