Woman's Hour

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

Woman's Hour

Post by Katharine »

I MAY be on Woman's Hour tomorrow, Radio 4 10 am, the other day they had a piece about presents for teachers, and asked for listener's comments. I emailed an experience I had had in Brunei, they rang today and asked me to retell it in a couple of sentences. They stressed that they may or may not include it, depending what else came in. If they don't include it, I'll tell you the story tomorrow!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
anniexf
Button Grecian

Re: Woman's Hour

Post by anniexf »

Just heard your piece, Katharine - the last one, I was afraid they might have "cut" it, but happily no. Do you still have both presents? If the Garfield mug survived all your travels, what luck!
Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: Woman's Hour

Post by Katharine »

No. I have the pen still but not the mug any more, I can't remember when it was dropped on a slate floor while being dried! She was a very shy little Princess, a very young 12 year old, who needed a friend to come with her into the Staff Room to give me the presents. I had actually just taught her class and had left the room as slowly as I could in order to give her the chance to give me something!

My Mum has just been on the phone to say I don't really sound like that! If she hadn't heard the word Brunei, she would not have known it was me!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965