Anybody else watch......

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Anybody else watch......

Post by J.R. »

.........'You Only Live Twice' on ITV this afternoon ??

Just a boring fact, but that gorgeous Chinchilla cat cuddled by Donald Pleasance, (No 1) was Soloman, who was the Great Great Great Great Grand Father of Lucy, (Noviswood Harlequin Lucy), who was our first Chinchilla breeding Queen for the show-world.

Am I sad, or what ?

(Don't answer that !!)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Vonny
Button Grecian

Re: Anybody else watch......

Post by Vonny »

No I didn't watch it but am going to jump on the bandwagon!

The dog in the Compare the Market.com ads (the white parson terrier) is the sister of my dog Buster :)
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

my brother-in -law`s dog was an Andrex puppy in the add where the little boy`s sitting on the toilet and the pup runs away with the paper (at least I THINK it was THAT ad, may have been a different one, but still an Andrex puppy!!)
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

After he was made redundant and retired a colleague started a dog training club and also rescued and tries to rehome greyhounds. One of his own rescued dogs won best of breed at Crufts a few years back.
Silk purse out of a (greyhound's) ear?
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I owned a "Rescued" Greyhoubd -- named "Tour Express"
We called him "Ben" --- !!

It appears, after I had run him in a couple of races at Melton Mowbray and elsewhere, -- where he eclipsed all opposition -----
That he had a slightly "Dodgy" background, having been imported as a "Ringer" from Ireland, for ONE race at long odds, for those"In the know"

I was advised not to race him again, which advice I took, but I still have his Irish Identification papers -- which may well be also "Dodgy" :twisted:

---------- Guilty M'Lud !!!! :oops:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:I owned a "Rescued" Greyhoubd -- named "Tour Express"
We called him "Ben" --- !!

It appears, after I had run him in a couple of races at Melton Mowbray and elsewhere, -- where he eclipsed all opposition -----
That he had a slightly "Dodgy" background, having been imported as a "Ringer" from Ireland, for ONE race at long odds, for those"In the know"

I was advised not to race him again, which advice I took, but I still have his Irish Identification papers -- which may well be also "Dodgy" :twisted:

---------- Guilty M'Lud !!!! :oops:

I'm reliably informed it still goes on today, Neill !!

Incidently, there is a greyhound-rescue organisation based near to me. They have regular collection days in our local high-street, always with some of those graceful animals present to help raise funds.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.