The Morning After

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: The Morning After

Post by Volupturaptor »

Yes, sorry for not updating... :oops:

She was well enough to go swimming by the afternoon, which I know she will have enjoyed. The following morning she was feeling queasy again, but was not sick, and has been fine since then. :)
The trip was to somewhere called "Southwater" a lake, and they had a barbecue!

I thought I would be quite cool, calm and collected about all this, but by the time I did hear from her, I was absolutely desperate to do so!
I feel better now, but still looking forward to seeing her...
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

I'm glad you have heard from her and she is feeling better and starting to settle in.

I actually live in Southwater, the village (to locals, small town to the rest of the world) has some strong links with the school and some beautiful stain glass windows can be seen in the village church which depict the school at its present site, boys in their housey's and girls from the school in Hereford wearing the traditional uniform from that era. Worth a quick peek next time you pick up your dd, the church is often visited by Old Blues, well it was when I was a key holder a few years ago. However the church is often unlocked and if not if you call the vicarage before you visit I'm sure something can be arranged.

I imagine the Country park in Southwater is popular with house trips and so, as there are water sports facilities there a long with a tiny swimming area, park and so on.

P
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Hi Pibble - did your dd meet up with some Horsham and other Southwater children at the end of last term?

If so, my dd was one of them !
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Hi

Yes she did at Southwater School, was it that meet up? I got the impression from the House Parent that there were a few local children this intake. In fact I think my DD was on the same trip yesterday as your DD, bowling and ice cream in Horsham Park? My DS was most put out that we couldn't get tickets for the Live and Deadly event in the park!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

I received a one word reply to my email. :D "Hello!" :lol:
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

I'd welcome that ... I got today "I really miss you, Mummy I'm really homesick right now and wish I could just text you but don't worry they will look after me they are really good here Louise is giving me a cuddle got to go now love you so much .."

Apart from looking forward to when someone at CH reminds her of punctuation - I'm grateful to have received a communication with something more concrete than "this is cool and that is wicked"!

Roll on the 23rd!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

Ah, I have a homesick child too and it's such a heart wrenching feeling! Just have to put my trust in the lovely staff, that they ll look after him and hope he ll overcome it.But yes roll on 23rd indeed, I cannot wait!!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

[/quote]
actually due to the new international students, apparently they can all have phones right from the beginning of term, a fact that no one told us!
[/quote]

Re telephones, I know the first 21/2 weeks are tough but I do think it is better that the children don't have them to start with. You can imagine how difficult and upsetting it could be if your child is homesick. One word of warning leave weekends go by soooooo fast that it is soon Sunday night and time to return to C.H. I found that hard but D.S having his phone from then on meant we were in regular touch which made it easier for me. At least the next break to look forward to is a nice long half term. Also if you happen to be local you can start to visit school to watch games matches etc and even take them out on a Sunday afternoon sometimes. D.S now turns me down flat when I offer to take him out on Sundays, he prefers to stay at school!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I'm struggling today :( It's the first day I've been in the house on my own (day off), and I haven't heard from him since the email on Friday (apart from the letter which was sent on Thursday). I'm sure it's a good sign though.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

cupcakemom wrote:I'd welcome that ... I got today "I really miss you, Mummy I'm really homesick right now and wish I could just text you but don't worry they will look after me they are really good here Louise is giving me a cuddle got to go now love you so much .."

Apart from looking forward to when someone at CH reminds her of punctuation - I'm grateful to have received a communication with something more concrete than "this is cool and that is wicked"!

Roll on the 23rd!
That'll be my Louise, she knows all about being homesick and is often the first to be dispatched to give cuddles. I'll make sure she looks after your little one really well, don't worry. Thinking of you x
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

I came home to a letter dated Friday, begging for more stamps so my DD is obviously writing to someone! She seemed happy enough which was nice to hear. She talked quite openly about not being home sick at the moment but was expecting to be at some point so she's clearly being her usual rational self about the whole process of settling in.

Still no email though which I'm finding a little frustrating. Post is just so last year!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

pinkhebe wrote:I'm struggling today :( It's the first day I've been in the house on my own (day off), and I haven't heard from him since the email on Friday (apart from the letter which was sent on Thursday). I'm sure it's a good sign though.
Yes it was a good sign, I've just had an email saying that he's still really enjoying himself :D
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Hooray! Glad he's happy.

Hugs to you too :)
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Morning After

Post by cupcakemom »

Had some photographs e-mailed from DD's housemistress of Barnes B marching into lunch ... In light of them another hairbrush and more hair clips have been sent today!

She seems to have made a good recovery from her bout of home sickness - wicked, cool!!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I had a phone call yesterday :shock: He's really enjoying himself, has met up with someone he made friends with on the assessment residential (they're in the same maths class) and has been playing lots of squash and pool.

Practices have started for the house songs :lol:

And he gets up at 6.15 *thud*