How's it going after leave weekend

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: How's it going after leave weekend

Post by Atticus »

We had a lovely giggly happy phonecall from dd on Tuesday - the happiest she's sounded all month. Then she was unwell and chaperoned to the doctors in town. She is fine, but very homesick when she rings, and struggling a bit with having nowhere to escape to which can make her a little prickly.

Pinkhebe, my dd is in the same maths group as your ds :-)

She loves latin too, and enjoyed the debating competion on Sunday.

We havnt helped by going to a sporting competion with ds1 in the sports centre last Sunday. Initially she was very happy, but a sobbing limpet when she had to go back to house.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

He phoned :D .

He's still having lots of fun and has made 'loads' of friends.

He also enjoyed the balloon debate, although did get thrown off the balloon!

Atticus, apparently your dd sits behind him in maths :D
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

so after a week of no contact, I get a text message reminding me that I can visit on a Sunday! He's off to find the on call housemaster to see if we can take him out for lunch, even though we haven't given the 24 hrs notice.

I hope we can go up, I'm really missing him now (although the romantic anniversary lunch dh and I were planning, due to our other ds being out all day, will have to be postponed :lol: )
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Hmmm, he didn't phone back until 12.45, and also announced that there was an activity at 2 that he had to attend! It takes us 45 mins to get to CH. So although totally impractical to get there, I still feel as though I've let him down :(
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Hi Pinkhebe, your ds probably means the swimming and football competitions as part of the superstars challenge. The swimming part sound especially fun :-) you could go up and see him in the football ;-)

Happy anniversary x

We saw dd last weekend as were in the sports centre for something else, but she could only see us around the superstars, which meant only 20 mins as the debate ran seriously over.

I thought it might be different next half term, but there seems to be something on every sunday.

The pyjama party sounded fun - dd only has very concealing pyjamas, and then had a very thick dressing gown, and her trainers on. But, she found being the shortest in her house a hinderence...

Next Saturday is the initial entrance exam for next year. How this year has flown. Good luck for all those on this site whose dc's are sitting the exam ! x
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

pinkhebe wrote:
Atticus, apparently your dd sits behind him in maths :D
Hope she is behaving ;-)
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Yes ds enjoyed the pyjama party too.

I think he only thought about us coming up as one of his roomates (the other second former) was going out with his parents as it was his birthday.

Only 6 days to go :D