Has all of your sports kit arrived yet?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Pibble
3rd Former

Has all of your sports kit arrived yet?

Post by Pibble »

Hi all

Some of our DD's sports kit still hasn't arrived from the suppliers. We initially received some of the kit during the summer holidays ready for the new term but were informed that some items were out of stock and that we would receive the 3 polo neck t shirts and the skort at a later date.

When the DD started I spoke with the House Parent about this as I was a little anxious that she might be rounded on by a marauding horde of PE teachers, remember I'm a new parent so not sure what passes for recreation in the teachers lounge or even if they have one, for not having the right kit but was informed that the vast majority of kids had been let down by the suppliers and I wasn't to worry as it would turn up. In fact she went as far as to say that the Headmaster had become involved and that he would be taking action to ensure that this wouldn't happen again.

These few items still haven't turned up and before I start hammering off emails and phone calls I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat?

Thanks

P
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Re: Has all of your sports kit arrived yet?

Post by MW224 »

We got the last few bits that they did not have, from the second hand shop at school. I wonder whether you could see on Saturday whether they have what you need and then cancel the order? We are just waiting for the scarf (unless DS has been given it by now) but clearly have not needed it.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Very good question!
Does anyone know whether it'll be sent to our home addresses, or given directly to our children at school? I've certainly not had anything else sent here, and my daughter has not been forthcoming on whether or not she's been given anything. I was starting to wonder about it... At least I now know that there is a wider problem, so know my daughter won't get into trouble for not having the correct kit. She has got plenty of plain navy/white kit.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

No, she's not had anything...
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I`ve been told today that some wool has now arrived so I believe some scarves will be made over half term
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

Post by Ineedacoffee »

we are in the same boat. Still require 4 expensive paid for crested items. Ask dd regularly. Still not received.
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

It's a good idea topping up via the thrift shop but I have to say that a grandparent paid for these items as a, I'm trying to avoid the word present, token of how proud they were of the DD getting in to CH so it feels inappropriate to cancel the order and request a refund.

I'm somewhat relieved that I'm clearly not the only one but it is rather ridiculous that six weeks in to the school year we're still waiting for items although I realise the problem is with the supplier and not the school.

I checked with the DD last night and whilst she was far to busy to chat with dear old dad I did manage to get out of her that she hadn't received the missing items yet although I'd always assumed that the items would come to our home rather than the school but that is only based on the fact that the first delivery went there.

P
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

Reading all this, I do hope that CH are getting a really good sponsorship deal out of Kukri. Because if they're not, it does seem that parents are paying a high price for this shambles (in more ways than one!).

I certainly didn't experience any such problems in the good old days when uniform was supplied through Broadbridge's.
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Just an update on our situation with outstanding kit. I email DD's house parent yesterday and spoke with her today. By happy coincidence the remaining items turned up at school yesterday.

It seems that any outstanding items are going straight to the pupil so it may be worth checking with your DD/DS and the house parent to see whether anything has turned up.

Enjoy half term guys.

P