Just a glimpse...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: Just a glimpse...

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Angela Woodford wrote:Having once read a hippy-dippy rainbow-tinted raised-conciousness book about the joy of natural macrobiotic childbirth...
Tsk, Baptists... :roll: [Edit: :lol: :wink: ]
Last edited by Ajarn Philip on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I have no scientific background to offer to this thread, but I would say that I am enjoying it because it shows that Phil is up and running! Hope you stay safe from the flooding, Phil. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed, but I am sorry for any damage the flooding is doing to the rest of Thailand.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Thanks Kerren, but "running"? Wash your mouth out...
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Ajarn Philip wrote:Thanks Kerren, but "running"? Wash your mouth out...

Probably the Green Thai Curry ??

:oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

The Daily Telegraph:
More than 300 crocodiles raised on legal and illegal farms around the city, north of Bangkok, have escaped after the flood waters swamped their enclosures.
A bounty has been placed on their heads. Public health minister Vitthaya Buranasiri has offered a reward of 1,000 baht (£20) for each of the reptiles recaptured, dead or alive.
The reptiles are up to several metres long and can be dangerous to humans. They have been spotted swimming in the flood waters in a number of the districts of the former Thai capital, a World Heritage site.
Up to 300 crocodiles escaped from two illegal breeding facilities in one area, while another 10 broke free from another farm and are on the loose. Crocodiles are kept as a visitors' attraction on some farms, while others are grown for their skins for shoes and handbags.
Thailand's natural resources ministry set up a "hot line" to enable people to report crocodiles or other animals on the loose in flood-hit areas. It has received "many calls".
20 quid? They're avin a larf! :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... diles.html
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

First Confession ----- I asked TBA if there was danger of flooding, on the Burma border --- where she was for 5 years.
I received a pitying look, and a deep sigh ! ---- "Don't you know ANYTHING about Thailand ?"

I muttered (Under my breath !) "Since I have spent time in Libya, Egypt, the Sudan, Eritrea, Rhodesia (!) South Africa and Namibia --- how the blue blazes would I know ----- "

Second Confession ---- re £20 Crocodiles ---
I was asked to remove a crocodile, from a village on the Blue Nile, which had taken a child.
I waited at 12 noon (The time it was alleged to haul ot on the bank to sunbathe) for TWO DAYS in a temperature over 40.
On the second day, I got fed up and rose to depart. --------- the croc appeared from behind a bush (Having been there some time !) and proceeded at a remarkable speed towards the River.
I fired a shot, aiming for the softer armour behind the shoulder, and it disappeared .
Much shouting and boats, with prodding spears etc. to no effect.

I returned to the Mess -- the croc increasing in size, with every tellimg of the tale.

The next day, the villagers appeared with the dead croc, which was laid out on the Mess verandah, and inspected.

I remarked "I don't often try the "Eye Shot" --- which was where the bullet had hit, some 2 feet from the "Target" (!!! :oops: )

Being an impecunious young officer -- I sold it to a dealer in Khartoum for £25 !!!!!

Oh happy days !!
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Only "Slightly" larger than mine !

You lying hound Evans !!!
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I switched on the News last night, re the horrific flooding and enquired how Philip is doing on his Facebook page. Here is his speedy reply this morning. I've copied it here for all his Forum friends who might be feeling concerned - I'm sure he won't mind!

"Phil Underwood We're fine, Angela. The floods started in the north and are affecting Bangkok as the waters head south to the sea and swell the rivers to overflowing. Down here on the peninsula there is no flooding. Our problems are comparatively minor - re-supplying the major stores is impossible because most of the warehouses are underwater and the roads are flooded. Panic buying means there are few staples in the shops.
9 hours ago ·Phil Underwood It will go on for a few weeks yet, but for us it's more of an inconvenience than a serious risk."
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""