Save 50% on fees????

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Save 50% on fees????

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Re: Save 50% on fees????

Post by ailurophile »

Ooh, I got all excited for a moment there by the thought of 50% off my fees…

No such luck; this seems to be an advert targeted at the new breed of high earning CH parents who will be required to pay full fees, offering advice on such issues as trust funds and how to maximise the income generated from capital/ minimise tax. Of course, none of this would actually reduce the school fees payable, it simply shows that there are ways for wealthy families to make their money work and thus stack up more funds out of which to pay these costs. No surprises there!

Out of interest Kerren, how did you come across this ad? I wonder whether the school are aware of it - would the advertisers need to pay CH to use their name? (Or would CH perhaps have paid for the ad?!!)
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

I have finally got around to reading my copy of 'Blue Skirts Into blue Stockings'. What a lovely, lovely lady Louie Angus was, and I regret that I didn't meet her.

Anyway, her words in paragraph one, Chapter 1, published in 1980, leapt out at me:

Parents cannot just choose to send their children to Christ's Hospital. It is a charitable foundation 'religious, royal and ancient,' and it has retained its charitable foundation to this day, unlike some other foundations which have become expensive public schools.

:( :( :( :(
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I can't remember how I found it. I think I was just searching on eBay to see if there was any CH memorabilia, and the advertisement popped up......
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Gales of hysterical laughter rebounding around the room, or is it just the first sign of madness?
I took a look at this article, and was struck dumb. Well, not quite, it takes a lot to strike me totally dumb, but this one nearly managed.
Tax free funds?
Surely most of us struggle to have anything at all left over at the end of the month/year, never mind enough to tuck away for our children's education?
Who are they kidding?
Is CH going to go the same way as other public schools, who started off educating the poor (who could not have the luxury of home tutoring etc) and now only educate the mega rich?
Oh dear, sad day.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

I expect that the web site very cleverly picks up the school in the title of the web site being used, and includes that in the title. Manages to personalise its page but has nothing to do with the school in question.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

jhopgood wrote:
I expect that the web site very cleverly picks up the school in the title of the web site being used, and includes that in the title. Manages to personalise its page but has nothing to do with the school in question.
You could well be right. Again, I wonder whether the school are aware of this? It is worrying that anyone searching for CH-related topics online might be redirected to an advert which suggests that only the wealthy will be able to afford the fees.