loading forum

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

loading forum

Post by SAS »

A friend has noted that she cannot load the forum at home, although she can at work. Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Re: loading forum

Post by YadaYada »

Think it must be a problem with my router or isp as on again fine now I am away.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Any thoughts, JT ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

I fixed the problems I was experiencing by switching from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:I fixed the problems I was experiencing by switching from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.
I normally use Firefox (Mozilla) but my principal email supplier will only open in Internet explorer though the others are OK; I don't understand why.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Tried in all browsers so it's not that. Is only at home so must be a router issue. Frustrating but not insurmountable!
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

YadaYada wrote:Tried in all browsers so it's not that. Is only at home so must be a router issue. Frustrating but not insurmountable!
I had something similar last year. Have you tried the ping command? Apologies if I'm patronising you but:

Start > Run then type CMD to get a DOS window, then at the prompt, type ping chforum.info

If it can't find it, then it's not a problem with your browser, it's your ISP or router. In the meantime you could use a proxy service such as www.hidemyass.com, which makes it look as though your route to the forum is coming from elsewhere. It's a bit more laborious but it worked for me until whatever the problem with my ISP was sorted itself out.

Feel free to PM me for more details - I'm not that techy but it does sound like a similar problem.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Thanks Jo I will try that.

Suddenly can't get Ebay as well so not sure what is going on.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Hooray for the proxy!
Ping failed so will follow that up.

Very pleased I can access this forum again but also relieved Ebay is back as need to sell things before Christmas!
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

YadaYada wrote:Hooray for the proxy!
Ping failed so will follow that up.

Very pleased I can access this forum again but also relieved Ebay is back as need to sell things before Christmas!
Glad you are back up and running, even though you still have the background issue!
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Finally got the whole thing sorted by resetting the router back to factory settings and re-configuring my internet connection.

This is what I'd recommend if this happens to anyone else. But make sure you have your isp user name and password to hand before doing the factory reset.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

YadaYada wrote:Finally got the whole thing sorted by resetting the router back to factory settings and re-configuring my internet connection.

This is what I'd recommend if this happens to anyone else. But make sure you have your isp user name and password to hand before doing the factory reset.

DEFINITELY !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.