The Blue

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Re: The Blue

Post by CHDad »

I couldn't agree more
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

"I'm not shy, my daughter is in the bottom right corner of the photo that is in the bottom left corner of page 97, wearing grey. :)
I'll take "The Blue" with me when I go to see her at the weekend, so that she can see it. :D[/quote]"

Volupturaptor - It's leave weekend this weekend, you can take your daughter home to read it !
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Not sure why my last comment posted twice.
Volupturaptor - It's leave weekend this weekend, you can take your daughter home to read it !
CHDad - I know what you mean but not all of us can bring our children home at Leave Weekend - I don't know about Volupturaptor's situation - but for ourselves, we always stay with relatives at Leave Weekend because we live so far away - maybe that's what she meant.

:)
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Volupturaptor wrote:
Katharine wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed looking through mine. I loved the Art Day projects described, both the one with the House collages and the Pompeii one. I did wonder which girls were the DDs of our posters!

I'm not shy, my daughter is in the bottom right corner of the photo that is in the bottom left corner of page 97, wearing grey. :)
I'll take "The Blue" with me when I go to see her at the weekend, so that she can see it. :D
And a lovely looking young lady!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

YadaYada wrote:Not sure why my last comment posted twice.
I thought it was obvious because
YadaYada wrote:Reminds me every time it arrives how proud I am that my DS is part of it.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

CHDad - I know what you mean but not all of us can bring our children home at Leave Weekend - I don't know about Volupturaptor's situation - but for ourselves, we always stay with relatives at Leave Weekend because we live so far away - maybe that's what she meant.
Really sorry, its me being stupid and thoughtless (I didn't mean to be). Of course I can see that it is not always practical/possible for everyone to get home for leave weekends. :oops:
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Yes, we live a long way away, to bring my daughter home would mean many hours wasted in the car, not to mention the cost of the fuel. It is cheaper and better to stay in a hotel. I love to see her but part of me wishes these leave weekends didn't happen. I'm spending far more on travel than I am on my contributions... :(
And yes, she is as lovely as she looks, and so worth it... :heart: