2012 Admissions Thread

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: 2012 Admissions Thread

Post by Volupturaptor »

What about Kittycat, the original poster? I wonder if her child got a place?
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Volupturaptor wrote:What about Kittycat, the original poster? I wonder if her child got a place?
I do hope so. Congrats to our successful parents & their DC, it's wonderful to read good news and if I may select just one parent (without implying any disrespect or suchlike to the others), I'm especially relieved for Lippizaner, after all the earlier agonies about living abroad, home tutoring etc. I feel so pleased, you'd think it was my own DS! :lol:
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Hi,
I shall be doing lots of research for the easiest and the cheapest routes! I have four grownup children who live in the UK and I shall be relying on them for some of the running about, but as they love their little brother, I don't think they are going to mind much. They'll be having him on leave weekends etc. He also has a godmother I can call on. Thanks for suggestions.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Thankyou anniefx, that is so kind of you to say that about my DS! People on here are so nice.
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Congratulations to all the DC's who have got in, I'm relieved the wait is over for you and that you can now look forward to the coming months I know my DD is looking forward to being a nurse maid for the new intake.

As for travel to and from Gatwick, this is a very straightforward journey, Gatwick being just a few stops along the CH to London line.

Good look everyone.

P
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Again, congratulations to all the ds's and dd's who have got in, and that the awful wait is over. Hope you can finally get to enjoy half term xx
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I'm so happy for everyone who got in, You'll probably find more parents come out of the woodwork between now and September (especially if they google sock ties :lol: )
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

pinkhebe wrote:I'm so happy for everyone who got in, You'll probably find more parents come out of the woodwork between now and September (especially if they google sock ties :lol: )
:lol: Thats how we found the site!
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

I am so happy for all the parents and their DC's who have got in. I am especially relieved for Lippizaner whose ups and down I have been following. Congratulations. This is just the begining. I am already a nervous wreck as my DD will be sitting the exam this November.I dont even know why I am going through that all over again as . Well done to all :)
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Thank you Juicymum! I really appreciate how many people on here have been following our progress! Yaaaay!!!!! Can't stop grinning!
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Hi, could anyone possibly email me the school term dates and the rough time of New Entrant's Day do you think? Tried going on the website to find them, but my rubbish internet connection refused to let me download them, and as I am going to have to plan about a year ahead travel wise, then I shall need them. Feeling frustrated!
ScottLidgettLad
2nd Former

Post by ScottLidgettLad »

lippizaner wrote:Hi, could anyone possibly email me the school term dates and the rough time of New Entrant's Day do you think? Tried going on the website to find them, but my rubbish internet connection refused to let me download them, and as I am going to have to plan about a year ahead travel wise, then I shall need them. Feeling frustrated!
Well done Lippi....Congrats on your relief your DS's acheivement :D :D

Re: Term Dates:
MICHAELMAS TERM 2012 begins Sunday 2 September 6.30pm
New Entrants Day is in May sometime
This is all I know so far.............it's still sinking in that it's safe to start really delving into CH life without the fear of dissapointment.
Regards
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Congratulations to all successful candidates!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Well done to the children who have got in, I was getting quite stressed just reading everyones posts on here, especially Lippizaners ! I suppose it brings all the memories of two years ago flooding back. Once the euphoria fades away and the reality of it all sets in I am sure you will have lots of questions which, hopefully, we can help answer.

New entrants day for us was on the Sunday of the first bank holiday in May. First day for new second formers is usually the Wednesday after the Sunday when all the existing pupils start (2nd Sep).

C.H is a wonderful school, I hope you enjoy the experience as much as we have thus far.
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

So glad to hear the good news from all of you - congratulations to your successful children!
Jo
5.7, 1967-75