Allowed Expenses

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Allowed Expenses

Post by lippizaner »

Hi, am I getting dementia or did the forms we filled in for the estimate of fees not include all the allowances mentioned on the website? Just happened to take a look at them, and saw that not only income tax and council tax is included, but also water rates and house insurance. For the life of me I can't remember having to put those on the initial income forms. Did we? Should I give up and resign myself to a future of dribbling imbecility because I can't remember them? I suppose I should have photocopied the forms before sending them back, but of course, I didn't! More imbecility evident. Oh well. Grateful for any replies to this.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Allowed Expenses

Post by lippizaner »

I obviously am demented and although 38 people have looked at this, no-one has replied to help me out.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I can't remember about the initial assessment but certainly on the yearly reassessment I have to send: mortgage statement, March's wage slip, P60, council tax, water, house insurance...........I think that is it.......we will receive the paperwork for the next assessment very soon so can update you if there is anything else that gets taken into consideration.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

also, any payslips showing overtime/ any bonus and Tax credits awards.
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Hi

We had to provide all that info last year but the paperwork received today for the Bursary application doesn't ask for any details re water, insurance etc. Do you think we got the wrong paperwork?
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Hmmm - the council tax, buildings insurance and water bill don't look as they are deducted any longer. Has the formula for the bursary included them, do you think? Or are our bills all going up??
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

I knew they had changed the way the bursaries were calculated, but I seem to remember a letter saying that this would only be in relation to new students and those existing students already on a bursary would be calculated using the original method. To be honest I'm a little worried about this and of course the forms arriving over Easter when you can't talk to anyone doesn't help.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

The letter states that there is going to be a standard allowence for the c tax/house ins/water rates.

BUT it also wants the child tax credit award for 2011/2012, but this won't be issued until this year (last years award was sent to me June 2011) so I'm not sure how I'm meant to send it before May 11th! I assume they mean the award for 2010/11 which was issued last year.

Also judging by previous years, my p60 won't arrive until the end of May, so I'll have to forward that on.

(however it's alot less photocopying and paperwork :D) We'll just have to wait and see how much the fees change
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

I'd missed that, Section B also mentions providing copies of documents relating to allowed household expenses but it doesn't seem to say what these now are...... Well I'm feeling a little happier now!
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

Pinkhebe wrote:
The letter states that there is going to be a standard allowence for the c tax/house ins/water rates.
Typically, no indication is given as to how much this 'standard allowance' will be or how it has been calculated. As the actual figures for each household must vary enormously I imagine that some families will lose and some will gain by this change.
ActionMan
2nd Former

Post by ActionMan »

Quite right Ailurophile, some will gain and some will lose. The problem is that the losers may already be finding things tough, and because no indication has been given of what this standard allowance will be, they will have no way of estimating what their likely commitment will be. It would have been perfectly easy for the letter to have stated the figures of the standard allowance, but it did not. Does this mean it is going to be yet another secret? I would recommend that everybody writes to CH and asks what each individual standard figure they are applying is (Council Tax/Water/House Ins) - and we'll soon find out whether it's a secret or not! I have the feeling that this is yet another example of procedure taking precedence over individual need, which is creeping into CH in other areas. Quite wrong for a charity in my opinion.