It was purely a matter of time

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

It was purely a matter of time

Post by cupcakemom »

I wonder if those more experienced CH parents out there could give me some advice - my DD has lost her mobile .... as the title of this tread suggests - I was not hugely optimistic about how long it would stay in her possession! She "left it somewhere" over a week ago. I've blocked the phone and the SIM and it is insured - so it's not an expensive loss - but a very irritating one! Any suggestions where it might turn up? She says she's "looked everywhere" but happened to let slip at the parents' picnic that she didn't even know where the lost property office is! Oh - and it is engraved with her name and house number .... badly I admit but it is legible!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: It was purely a matter of time

Post by Volupturaptor »

My daughter has lost hers several times over! Each time it has just found it's way back to her, it is very clearly labelled, and it's a very inexpensive phone that does nothing other than calls and text messages. It's not currently working though, for some reason that isn't going to get sorted out until she's home... I'm really missing the regular contact we usually have.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I suggest you talk to one of the Matrons. There is a lost property office somewhere but if something is clearly labelled then it usually wends its way back to House.
Matrons will be able to advise.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Most stuff does seem to find it's way back. My sons swimming trunks went missing for 2 terms before they came back. I am not sure where the lost property office is, I think it is open one afternoon each week and details are in the calendar I think. I seem to remember that there are e.mail addresses in the calendar for the matron(s) who run the lost property.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Very obvious when you think about it, but have you tried calling the number when somebody is in a likely loss place? My mobile has a habit of sliding out of my pocket and has been found under my car seat, in the door pocket, down the back of the sofa - all found from it ringing. Otherwise, best of luck
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Trouble is most of the children leave them on "silent" so that they dont go off in lessons.
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

CHDad - you're right on the button - she ALWAYS has her phone on silent - so little point in ringing it - but, funnily enough - that's how I manage to locate my phone most of the time! Thanks to you all for helping me out ... I will encourage her to keep her nose to the ground in the hopes that, during the usual end of term tidy up, it turns up. If not - form filling here we come!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

I am informed that lost property is next to 'wardrobe'!
wide awake on the edge of the world