Could someone tell me

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Could someone tell me

Post by pinkhebe »

Where my son's mouthguard has gone? I swear i put it on the shelf in his room.....

I know the boil in a bag guards are not recommended, but I think that might be our only hope.

The mouthguard may however be having an affair with the shoe cleaning kit, which has also mysteriously vanished.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: Could someone tell me

Post by pinkhebe »

And although I sent the letter back saying we didn't want another mouthguard made, do you think it's too late to add my son to the list?

You can tell the beginning of term is near, I'm in a really foul mood!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Ridiculous panic over nothing :oops:

It was indeed honeymooning in the loft, in a jacobs cream cracker box, with the shoe cleaning kit, spare football boot studs and some drawing pins :?

I'm beginning to really hate the end of the holidays :cry:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

If ever 'Er Indoors says something along the lines of.... "I've put it in a safe place !!"

I know we'll never see it again !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Could someone tell me

Post by cupcakemom »

My DD's shin pads weren't in the Jacobs box too, by any chance?!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

We nearly forgot his housey which would have been interesting! Apart from that we seem to have found everything, this absolutely guarantees I will get a phone all tomorrow to tell me about the one really important thing we have forgotten........
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

CHDad wrote:We nearly forgot his housey which would have been interesting! Apart from that we seem to have found everything, this absolutely guarantees I will get a phone all tomorrow to tell me about the one really important thing we have forgotten........
Yes I've just taken the housey out of the cupboard under the stairs, with his girdle. Shoes are waiting to be cleaned.

Sorry cupcake, no shin pads :D
jodz5052
2nd Former

Post by jodz5052 »

"Experienced" Mums !!! I have followed the packing list to the letter plus a few extra clothes - Is there anything else I should pack for the first 3 weeks or anything I should definately leave out ??

Many Thanks

" New to all this" Mum !
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Welcome to the club Jodz!

I'd say just not to go overboard with home clothes - they don't need a lot more than school recommends and you have to lug it forwards and backwards all the time. Go with fewer items for the first 3 weeks and see what is missing.

If you overdo it to start with your DD/DS will expect more and you have 5/7 years of that!

I made a packing list for my DS in the first term and it seemed to help him bring everything home again.

Good luck :)
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Hello Jodz

We stuck to the list and DD had everything she needed. The only additions were a few personal bits, reading books, photos etc. Oh, and we bought some black wellies for the second term for snow.

Hope Wednesday goes OK for you and your DD/DS :D
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

Clothes hangers, blue tac, some envelopes stamped and with your home address on...(hint hint) Posters for on wall?
And a bit of chocolate, I was trying to be good and give all healthy stuff but ended up sending a parcel of some 'comfort' food 2 days later.
Good luck!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

So I take it, all the sweet little cherubs have returned ?

Normality returns !

:wine: :drinkers:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Drawing pins, we send a postcard every week to our son, and he likes to pin some of them onto his noticeboard. He only has a kindle and an ipod, for recreational use, and about 4 t shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of jeans and 2 hoodies.

After half term a blanket is recommended as the bedrooms get cold.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

A lot of tuck as well!
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

Welcome to the fold, Jodz. My DD didn't take any photos for her first term - she was worried they would upset her. She's in the 3rd form now and took back a ridiculous quantity of photos on Sunday! I remember a request for drawing pins early on so she could pin stuff on her board. Wellies are a must for when the weather turns. I also send her back with a couple of packets of instant noodles, okay, low on the nutrition front but invaluable if she doesn't like the supper that's on offer. I can't think of anything else at the moment but will post if something comes to mind. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Just read Pinkhebe's post - I sent something each day to my DD in the post in the early days - postcards, daft bookmarks, anything really - they love getting post! I also got the grandparents on board with this. Now - it's usually a little something once a week.
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!