Thought of JR first thing this morning!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

Thought of JR first thing this morning!

Post by Katharine »

I had a strange experience (for me) this morning, listening to the news. It was the horrific news of the murders in France and finding the little girl alive. My first thought was JR would have found her hours earlier - I seem to remember his saying that they were trained to look for children. I gather that this time they didn't want to disturb the possibility of forensic evidence but ... it still seems very strange to me they didn't look properly.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Thought of JR first thing this morning!

Post by J.R. »

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Katharine.

Very very strange goings on in France indeed.

However, I can throw some light on modern day police techniques.

In the event of a major incident as a crime scene, modern procedure is for the first officers on the scene to protect the scene. How often today do you see a thriller on TV, (Midsommer etc), with 'plod' trampling all over a murder scene without full sterile protective clothing ? Not on any coppers watch in this day and age !!

My training came within the traffic division and generally involved very serious RTA's, (now called RTC's), where a child might be concealed in a badly wrecked car.

Having said that, I am surprised that even a cursory inspection of this car wasn't carried out as it must have been obvious this incident probably concerned a whole family.

I have just been reading up in todays Mail on what has occured so far.

OK - We know the Mail can occasionally go over the top a little, but there are some very disturbing and obviously true facts concerning this horrific murder, the main ones being it seems to have been a very professionally carried out killing, or 'hit', and also strange that our own 'security-services' were on the scene within hours.

I shall be 'watching-this-space' with great interest.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

but an EIGHT hour delay?
It's been pretty hot and the adults would have started to decompose very quickly. Surely they should have been put in a cool place as son as reasonably possible to assist the post-mortem? There's more than we have been told
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

That's the French for you, but don't quote me !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.