Blue / Old Blue

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Blue / Old Blue

Post by Mid A 15 »

It seems a long time since we have had one, a compliment to how good it is as it is missed.

Is one due?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Blue / Old Blue

Post by SAS »

We usually get it this term, I think.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

The Old Blue was completed some time ago, but since it is sent out with Housey, there has been a delay.
Ian Allan, who printed and distributed the Old Blue, Housey and the Blue, ceased trading, and a replacement was found. There are teething problems.
On Saturday I was assured that the Old Blue would be out soon, but.....

With respect to the Blue, this will be printed and distributed in January.
Our deadline for getting Old Blue articles in to the editor of the Blue, is the end of this month, and we have all the material, so we should be on time.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

I have heard that the team who normally proofread the Old Blue have been asked to also proofread the Blue - or was it the other way around?! Anyway they are one person down and it is a much bigger job, so they are looking for more proofreaders - I seem to have been 'volunteered'!!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Fjgrogan wrote:I have heard that the team who normally proofread the Old Blue have been asked to also proofread the Blue - or was it the other way around?! Anyway they are one person down and it is a much bigger job, so they are looking for more proofreaders - I seem to have been 'volunteered'!!
Given that the OB team of proof readers have done an excellent job, and that the Blue has had the occasional problem, I offered the services of the OB team, subject to the team accepting the task.
DavebytheSea accepted the challenge on behalf of the team, before he realised how big a task it might be.
I feel confident we can help the school.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

jhopgood wrote:The Old Blue was completed some time ago, but since it is sent out with Housey, there has been a delay.
Ian Allan, who printed and distributed the Old Blue, Housey and the Blue, ceased trading, and a replacement was found. There are teething problems.
On Saturday I was assured that the Old Blue would be out soon, but.....

With respect to the Blue, this will be printed and distributed in January.
Our deadline for getting Old Blue articles in to the editor of the Blue, is the end of this month, and we have all the material, so we should be on time.
Thanks John.

I look forward to its arrival.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72