Happy Birthday Angela Woodford.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday Angela Woodford.

Post by J.R. »

A land-mark birthday, by all accounts.

(as usual, modesty prevents......)

Have a great day, Angela !!

:wine: :rock: :bear: :wine:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Happy Birthday Angela Woodford.

Post by Mid A 15 »

Have a great day Angela! :wine: :wine:

How's the running going?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Thank you very much indeed!

A landmark indeed. 60! It feels weird. But now life's changing completely. Moving... new bloke :shock:... new studies!

Running, Andy! I'm slightly anxious on slippery surfaces and longing for when the weather warms up a bit. The half-marathon isn't that far away!

I barely noticed 30. 40, didn't care! 50 - asked for matching bedlinen, sulked under it for a bit then emerged when nothing had changed. But 60 does feel really different. I don't know if anyone else agrees? 60!

Eeeeeek! :lol:
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

It's odd that I don't remember 60 feeling special, although others made a fuss of it on my behalf. However I find it daunting to realise that my 'baby' is fast approaching 40.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Fjgrogan wrote:It's odd that I don't remember 60 feeling special, although others made a fuss of it on my behalf. However I find it daunting to realise that my 'baby' is fast approaching 40.

Much the same here.

.... and we are preparing for our eldest Grand-Daughters marriage in September. It's her Mums, (our eldest), 40th in March, but I don't think she'll thank me for saying so !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

40!

40 is nothing! :roll:

At least I haven't gone all grey, I console myself. Just a few grey hairs round the edges. A tiny touch up with a bit of L'Oréal, and I'm ready to rock and roll.
Think of the free prescriptions! And I can't think of much else I'd get free.

Now I have to learn to drive a giant Saab, a lorry, a pick-up truck, a Subaru, a fork-lift thingy and a Maserati. I may have lamented in the past that I'm a nervous driver, deeply sensitive to criticism... Yes, turning 60 is going to be challenging!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Having dyed my hair for years, when I finally stopped I found it strangely liberating; also I found I was being offered a seat on the bus (although the walking stick might have accounted for that!). It is now shoulder length - just waiting for the layers to grow out - and mainly silver with a dark stripe centre back, as my mother also had (imitating a badger!); I was seriously considering plaiting it as soon as it is long enough - then I read that plaits were coming back into fashion; not sure that I actually want to be fashionable! But please does anybody know how to get rid of a yellowish tinge? - I have never smoked in my life, so it is not that!

Sorry Angela, I seem to be highjacking your birthday thread!

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

This is a serious matter. I have done some research, Frances.

Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo and conditioner. Recommended both by blondies and silver foxes. Purple products - but don't be alarmed - it's because purple is the opposite in the colour spectrum and helps to create a pretty silver.

My sister went the most wonderful bright silver at 60. Her hair now she's nearly 80 is a super colour - but it looks as if mine won't be going to do this. I think when the time comes, I'd rather go silver with a terrific haircut than lighter brown "to suit fading skin" as hairdressers recommend. Or a blue rinse - don't laugh! I've seen lovely pale blue hair, so long as it's not on a cauliflower perm.

:D
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Thank you for the information, Angela. I shall scan Tesco online when I am next ordering groceries and see if it can be delivered with the milk and vegetables! Funnily enough I have lurking in my dressing table drawer a purple hairspray which I have never had the courage to use - I can't imagine where or when I bought it! But purple is definitely my colour for clothing - almost everything in my wardrobe is purple/mauve/burgundy/magenta with the odd burst of fuchsia, so perhaps now might be a good time to install purple streaks in my hair before I hit 70 (just over two years to go!).

PS - revenons a nos moutons - I do hope you had a good birthday!