When the girls arrived..

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: When the girls arrived..

Post by Angela Woodford »

Vonny wrote:
Fjgrogan wrote:but I wonder what effect the disruption in midstream had? Bear in mind that in those days the norm was to study a subject for two years and just have exams at the end, not the bitesize chunks they do nowadays!
It wasn't good. I was half way through my O levels when we moved to Horsham. It was difficult to adjust to the changes in my opinion.

But think how wonderful it must have been musically, a proper SATB, drama, men for male parts (sorry JR) so brilliant in so many ways. Those awful old Housemistresses - gone! A proper CH uniform!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Angela - I went to the St Matthew's Day service in London just a week into the first term of the merger. I remember commenting at the time that It was impossible to tell from the quality of the music that the choir and musicians had only been working together for such a short time.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

How brilliant, Frances. That must have been lovely!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""