Beating Retreat - 1992

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Beating Retreat - 1992

Post by BTaylor »

CH related, yet partially unrelated.

I've been looking through my old VHS video collection and found my copy of the 1992 beating retreat. It was my Grecian year and David Elliot's final year as Bandmaster, so has particular poignancy.

To add to its value it was also filmed by Terry Clark!

Would anyone happen to know of a reputable VHS to DVD house out there. There seem to be tons advertised on the interweb, but I can't really take the chance of sending it to a charlatan...

Once I get it on DVD i'd be happy to post extracts on the site. The band was really rather good!
Thornton 85-92
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I've successfully converted VHS to DVD by plugging a VHS player into my DVD/HDD recorder, then ripping the DVD onto the PC....
So if you can't find anywhere decent, then I'd be happy to do it for you - just can't commit to timescales as it'll depend on what else I've got on.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

I've got the video of the 1992 Show Band concert too. The one where the band marched into the theatre.

I've been meaning to see if where I work can transfer those videos onto DVD. I'll get round to it one of these days ..
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I'm happy to transfer it if you'd like and can send it to me - just drop me a PM.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Peele94
2nd Former

Re: Beating Retreat - 1992

Post by Peele94 »

HI, did anyone manage to do this?
If not, I have facilities to do this, and would also love to be able to get a copy (I think I was a drummer that year in the retreat).