Some questions about today's CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

palgsm93 wrote:
englishangel wrote:
AKAP wrote:I'm not sure what happened there.
I would say that it was too rude even for here and Simon edited it, he was around a few minutes ago.
Slander! I've edited nothing! I was looking forward to the punch line... :lol:
Believe me, you don't want to know :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

shoz wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:Re. cat - are you being serious??
Yes I am, many schools have cats to keep mice at bay, particularly in old buildings.
In my time we had Kirby with Boodle, a Jack Russell.
As the owner of a Jack Russell, or maybe vice versa, I can vouch that they are excellent ratters, having cleared out the mice from my mother's South East London suburban house and keeping the rats at bay in my Spanish village house.
He sought out and destroyed the mice and the neighbours have rats but we don't, as he spends hours hunting down smells and sounds.
So the combination of Kirby and Boodle would have made the need for a school cat redundant.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

englishangel wrote:
englishangel wrote:
AKAP wrote:I'm not sure what happened there.
I would say that it was too rude even for here and Simon edited it, he was around a few minutes ago.
Perhaps we posted at the exact same instant AKAP
It wasn't the punch line I was commenting on. It was the way that my comment had appeared, out of order. Seems to have sorted itself out now.
So the case against Simon can be withdrawn.
helen
UF (Upper Fourth)

to english angel re my details

Post by helen »

English Angel - I'm sure you are . . .
re your comment that there is not much known about me vis a vis my remarks about shoz - the relevant info you know - I am a bona fide Old Blue and carry the scars . . .and he is not. That is the point. Why is he so interested in CH?And if you think it's Ok that's fine. In fact it may be all right and I am just being nasty and suspicious and evil etc. but do you advocate inviting anyone who is not OB to contribute to/ask for info/etc.?
Fraternally(or whatever the female equivalent is - Queenie Blench didn't give us a lot re gender differentiation tips)
Helen
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: to english angel re my details

Post by englishangel »

helen wrote:English Angel - I'm sure you are . . .
re your comment that there is not much known about me vis a vis my remarks about shoz - the relevant info you know - I am a bona fide Old Blue and carry the scars . . .and he is not. That is the point. Why is he so interested in CH?And if you think it's Ok that's fine. In fact it may be all right and I am just being nasty and suspicious and evil etc. but do you advocate inviting anyone who is not OB to contribute to/ask for info/etc.?
Fraternally(or whatever the female equivalent is - Queenie Blench didn't give us a lot re gender differentiation tips)
Helen
OK, you have proved your credentials. sororily?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I`m not an Old Blue and I`ve not been kicked off the forum - it`s not JUST for OBs - please read the top of the page!

To my way of thinking, Shoz is just as entitled to be asking questions as the many visitors who come to the school and wish to know all sorts of relevent (or not so!) details . Should THEY be questioned as to their motives? I don`t think so.

A lot of information can be found in numerous publications, but isn`t the personal experience of an ex-pupil far more interesting? And comparisons between then and now can be better seen by reading the various replies.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Surely George Michael was 'cottaging' not 'cruising'.......?

Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

On the subject of 'Cottaging', who watched 'Balderdash & Piffle' on the box last night ?

That lovely part about Polari. It was truly 'Bona', and before you ask, No, I'm not. It just bought back so many youthful memories of listening to 'Round The Horn'.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.