How many non Blues on the Forum?

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

englishangel wrote:I last saw Alex in 1994, and she was brunette, is that grey or blonde, I must admit it looks too shiny for grey?

Er...well in that photo...it was blond with red highlights....choppy with long fringe and straightened...COOL n'est pas ?

As you know Mary...when I was at school my hair was dark mud brown.....now it's various bottled hues.......and who knows what lurks beneath? ....a great thick mop of white and grey ...that's what.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I am very fortunate, my genes dictate that I only have a few grey hairs, mainly across the front, my Ma didn't really start going grey until her late fifties so I am obviously going to be the same.

I remember seeing a photo of my maternal grandmother at the same age as I am now, and she still had brown hair too.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

englishangel wrote:I am very fortunate, my genes dictate that I only have a few grey hairs, mainly across the front, my Ma didn't really start going grey until her late fifties so I am obviously going to be the same.

I remember seeing a photo of my maternal grandmother at the same age as I am now, and she still had brown hair too.
wow! lucky you. Mine started going white at the front when I was about 21 :cry: .
Dunno if "worry" is a causative factor. I've always been anxious and neurotic. :|
Last edited by Alexandra Thrift on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I am pretty laid-back but if worry did it I would have been white 20 years ago.
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Yes Mary , at school you were a pretty easy going, happy person. In my teens I read Baudelaire and other depressing texts in the school library and became angst ridden. You were generally jolly and you always knew what was supposed to be happening, at what time and where.I depended on sensible scientists like you!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I read back issues of Punch, perhaps that had something to do with it. 8)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote:I am pretty laid-back but if worry did it I would have been white 20 years ago.
Erm ???

(P'rap not !!)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Alexandra Thrift wrote:BTW Englishangel....how do you find peoples' posts...no matter WHERE they have posted....so quickly ? You must have some secret tecnique ?
I find the easiest way is to click on View posts since last visit. Not surprisingly, that brings up all post made since your last visit.

I am a member of another forum which uses very similar software, so you get used to it.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Katharine wrote:
Alexandra Thrift wrote:BTW Englishangel....how do you find peoples' posts...no matter WHERE they have posted....so quickly ? You must have some secret tecnique ?
I find the easiest way is to click on View posts since last visit. Not surprisingly, that brings up all post made since your last visit.

I am a member of another forum which uses very similar software, so you get used to it.
I see what you mean, if you go down to the bottom of a thread there is a bit that says 'watch this topic for replies', then you get an email as soon as someone posts on a topic you have posted on yourself.
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

thanks for the technical assistance Katharine and Mary.

Thanks for uploading the pic.(entitled " daisychain" ) Chris. :prayer:
You obviously haven't had too many :drinkers: ( sorry , just an excuse to use those emoticons )

In the pic.,which was emailed to me by Caroline Barrett ( sixes , 1965 - 1970 ) all the way from Australia, you can see (left to right ); Judith Points,
Pamela Jones,Mary McDonagh.........and holding the other end of the chain ,in silly style Ashbourne Hat , with mud coloured hair etc....me! All of us sixes...Lower IV ? no "edit" to summer term 3rd form (?)

The best way to view the pic. is to click on the link. The uploaded pic. is a bit small and when you click on it ,it becomes gigantic!

Judith was an excellent pianist and played the organ in chapel sometimes,
Pamela had a sister Nina , in fives, Mary Mc. was a mathematical genius type ( I mentioned on another thread in "Hertford Memories" ) and I was ..well...me.

More pics to follow..probably tomorrow...possibly in the Hertford Memories Section ? ( if Chris. isn't too scared to visit the Girl's School)
Last edited by Alexandra Thrift on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

er, where is this picture?
Friend of Alex's
2nd Former

Post by Friend of Alex's »

Your round next eh, Alex?
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

oops, sorry, it must have been posted while I was writing on here myself and I missed it.
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Friend of Alex's wrote:Your round next eh, Alex?
:partyman: