As You Were / As You Are...

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Fertii wrote:
cj wrote: Well, I can't remember anything bad about you, so that's got to be good! Or will that put a dent in your reputation?
I don't think I had a reputation really - apart from being asked to leave the school early......along with four others......
Did you? How early? Don't remember that at all.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Fertii
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Fertii »

cj wrote:
Fertii wrote:
cj wrote: Well, I can't remember anything bad about you, so that's got to be good! Or will that put a dent in your reputation?
I don't think I had a reputation really - apart from being asked to leave the school early......along with four others......
Did you? How early? Don't remember that at all.
Colin, Rupert, Me and one other whom I can't remember visited the teachers staffroom just before our A'levels started and Geordie the night watchman decided to wake Andrew Gunning......it went downhill from there. It was just before 1/2 term of the summer term.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Did you sit your A levels? I wasn't aware of all the 'activities' during the summer term as I wasn't around after Easter. Was advised to be at home out of the way! Was the other person Josh High? I ran into him the following year at 6th form college in Brighton.
(Maybe we ought to continue this conversation on a pm if it's too risque?!)
Anyway, you look well. South Korea suits you (sir)?

Fertii
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Fertii »

cj wrote:Did you sit your A levels? I wasn't aware of all the 'activities' during the summer term as I wasn't around after Easter. Was advised to be at home out of the way! Was the other person Josh High? I ran into him the following year at 6th form college in Brighton.
(Maybe we ought to continue this conversation on a pm if it's too risque?!)
Anyway, you look well. South Korea suits you (sir)?
Sat them but wasn't allowed to stay at the school otherwise. I think it may have been Josh. I honestly can't remember.

How's your brother? How's you?
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

How nice of you to remember my brother! He's working in London as a lawyer for a hedge fund (whatever that is - it's not ecology though!) and doing manly things like making furniture and restoring his house. I'm mum to 2 girls (step-daughter of 11 and our toddler of 2) and we're supposed to be refurbishing our Georgian house but I've run out of energy and we still don't have a fully functioning kitchen. I'm in touch with Esther and Jay who are down this way, and saw various people at David Elliot's funeral (Joe Sillett and Kerry Humphrey) but that's pretty much it, apart from this lot on here!

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

http://www.chassociation.org/events/rev ... on2006.php

I'm the Standard Bearer in the marching photo. The photo was taken on Friday 5th May so pretty recent for "now!"

To see me "then" look at the Middleton A House Photo from 1969 which has names. I'm sitting on the grass in the front row fourth in from the right.

viewtopic.php?t=638&start=0
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:http://www.chassociation.org/events/rev ... on2006.php

I'm the Standard Bearer in the marching photo. The photo was taken on Friday 5th May so pretty recent for "now!"

To see me "then" look at the Middleton A House Photo from 1969 which has names. I'm sitting on the grass in the front row fourth in from the right.

viewtopic.php?t=638&start=0
Just had a look at these photo's and was surprised not to see any from the Coleridge B reunion on there. Dropped an e-mail to Wendy at the CHA and received an immediate response ! WOW !

Incidently, she tells me she is 'away from her desk' for a week as from tomorrow. (09/05/06).
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

jtaylor wrote:Well I've done mine:-

http://www.chassociation.org/advisoryboard.php

Who's next?

(admitedly it's only from the neck up!)

J
Julian,

the link no longer works, presumably because of the updates to the CHA website. Talk of Kerren, RR and DBTS needing to provide a photo drew me to this thread.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Sorry, yes the page got moved to:-

http://www.chassociation.org/contacts/advisoryboard.php

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Just checked it out, didn't realise you were at Aston Julian, so was I 72-75, but didn't actually get away from the place until January 80.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Liked my time in Birmingham, but mainly due to the city, the people and St. Martin's-in-the-bull-ring where I sang in the choir - great bunch of people....

The Uni left me a little cold after CH - not quite the same type of environment!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

I was at the University of Birmingham (96-01, did an MPhil after undergrad degree) and I still haven't managed to leave!

Mind you, Birmingham is much improved now—as Julian can testify after his recent trip to see me while we were working on the site. I think he was pleasantly surprised to see that they have cleaned St. Martin's-in-the-Bullring and it now has pride of place again.

Of course, the beautiful red brick Birmingham campus, designed as it was by Aston Webb, felt like a home from home after CH!
Last edited by FrogBoxed on Wed May 10, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I was an independent spirit and went wild when I went to University after the cossetting at CH.

I was brought up in the country so the city was very exciting if a little grey. The campus is much greener now of course.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"