Master Keys

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: I acquired one....

Post by Great Plum »

chris the crisp wrote:from a girl i was seeing who had acquired it from an ex boyfriend, anyhow, was a very useful tool especially when you had monitor's privelages and could generally get away with nocturnal wondering! Still have it but i've heard they pretty much changed all the locks since 2001 anyhow.....it worked for dining all and all center hall doors! :lol:
And were you not the 2nd monitor? ;)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
chris the crisp
2nd Former

i did hold that office....

Post by chris the crisp »

for a year yes, i was a model pupil! Always made sure anything i did was never in front of younger pupils though! Matt Burman was a grear mentor to have when i was on my UF! Taught me everything i knew about how to be a good 2nd monitor but still get away with murder!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: i did hold that office....

Post by Great Plum »

chris the crisp wrote:for a year yes, i was a model pupil! Always made sure anything i did was never in front of younger pupils though! Matt Burman was a grear mentor to have when i was on my UF! Taught me everything i knew about how to be a good 2nd monitor but still get away with murder!
Yes, he was good at that if I remember correctly!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Fertii
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Fertii »

The one I had was the reason for my eventual 'being asked to leave the school.....'

They were a dim a dozen though, with that upside down Y shape head.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Did anyone NOT have one?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

I had a set of keys for the museum which allowed me into the infirmary and the tube from the infirmary.
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

Hmmm...

The Old Silver Pass and the Arrows are quite useful - 9-1 and 7-1 in particular....
L. Fanthome : Pe.A (03-05) Gr.W (05-06)
chris the crisp
2nd Former

Post by chris the crisp »

if you're talking about the key cards for the magnetic lock doors in the Grecians house, we used to find a well placed shoulder or kick sufficed. Altenatively get a nice big lump of blue tack and stick it on the top corner of the door!
Rokey
2nd Former

Re: Master Keys

Post by Rokey »

In the good old days a friend had a master key which enabled him to set up his own "residence" under Big School stage with TV sofa and other luxuries ...
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Rokey wrote:In the good old days a friend had a master key which enabled him to set up his own "residence" under Big School stage with TV sofa and other luxuries ...
Miles, I presume?
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I used to have legitimate posession of a key to the Scout Hut though somehow it got about that I didn't really need a key.

Result was that I was approached by the master responsible for the running track gear (hurdles etc) - ? Mr Eagle - who had forgotten his key to the shed; could I help? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

It was the simplest of padlocks and with a few chosen people crowding round to stop youngsters seeing what was happening the door was soon open.

I had to do the same to my garage a week ago; I suspect some bar steward had bu**ered up the padlock trying to get in.

They say that prisons are a university of crime; CH was like a prison in that respect. IMHO the only crime in CH when I was there was getting caught!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Um - still got an old master key in my jewelry box. The previous owners to our current home had locks installed on all the internal doors (they were a bit odd...) and they're of the old master key variety and the codes on the keys match those used in CH "back in my day" (the Theatre and Music School having slightly different master keys to the standard master).
Wuppertal
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Wuppertal »

I came across a master key once and I stupidly handed it in straightaway, not realising what it was. When a non-foundationer friend informed me afterwards I was kicking myself, all those opportunities for exploration.
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Does CH still have the same old master key system ? It got you through most locked doors around the school.
OMG thank H that, if we had them at Hertford, I didn't know about them! I managed to get into quite enough unauthorised places and corners at CH and into enough subsequent, (or should that be consequent?), associated trouble and strife without them adding to the crimes against authority list that eventualy got me expelled! :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Mrs Lawrence always turned a blind eye to my 'borrowing' the key to the back gate!