Ken Suttle

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Ken Suttle

Post by HowardH »

I am using the forum to try to contact as many cricketing Old Blues from the last 13 or so years. I have to report that dear Kenny Suttle, the 1st XI umpire and former Sussex cricketer and Chelsea footballer, died yesterday, Good Friday, at the end of his holiday with his wife Val in Mauritius. He last coached at the school on Friday 4th March. He was in good spirits and looking forward to this special holiday greatly. They left on Mon 7th and by all accounts had a wonderful time. It would appear that Ken suffered a massive brain haemorrage on Monday 21st, the day that they were due to return to the U.K. He did not regain consciousness.
Ken was known to many and had taken C.H., its philosophy and its pupils to his heart since his retirement. He made true friends with the touring parties to South Africa in 1997 and to Barbados in 2000, where his good humour and generous disposition managed to influence all. He held C.H. and its special pupils close to his heart.
Say a little prayer.
Howard Holdsworth
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

He will be sorely missed by many people. I was lucky enough to go on the cricket tour to S.A. in 1997 and he was a great person to be with, always funny and making jokes.

My thuoghts go out to his family and friends at his time...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99