First time visitor

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Andy Friend
3rd Former

Post by Andy Friend »

I think it's a great idea. Let's hope it takes off and we get some interesting well reasoned discussions!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Ah, Mr Friend - it's holdmp92 here! :)
Rick
2nd Former

Post by Rick »

Nice work JT, 'twill be good to get in touch with people again!
MaB/MaA '88 - '95
Stirling
2nd Former

Post by Stirling »

Hi all, Stirling here (Mid B 1990-1991). Would be great if I could even catch up with one or two people whom I went to CH with.

Here's a quick joke to start the day.

How do you get 100 grannies to shout: 'Bollocks'?

Say: 'Bingo.'

:D
KatiaL
2nd Former

Post by KatiaL »

hello people...first time on this site for me...noticed few names i remember!!

Stirling...that would be Atfield i presume...i remember you were on my year...I was in Col.A from 1990-1997...what you up to to matey??

anyway...anybody who remembers me, get in touch...not been down to horsham in years and years...

by the way, if anybody reads my info on friends reunited...i didn't go down the close protection route...life isn't all about james bond now, is it???!! :wink:

anyway, see ya people...

katia lindroth
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Katia Lindroth rings a bell - same age as Ruth Tyrell I guess??
KatiaL
2nd Former

Post by KatiaL »

err.. yeah as it happens?? who the hell is great plum?? ha ha...well never really spoke to ruth tyrrell much...was in Col.A, not Col.B...

well for what its worth...CH must be doing something right if it means some of us old blues have been set up right when it comes to choosing and going for careers...just found my dream job with NATO...and think i might be in with a chance too...

bye for now...
Manch
2nd Former

Post by Manch »

Katia - how the devil are you?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I'm Matt Holdsworth if that helps Katia... I think I remember you - you were probably in chior or something...
stoice
2nd Former

Post by stoice »

Well done Julian for setting this up, love reading everyones comments, brings the memories flooding back!!
Anyone who remembers me, get in touch.
Johndonaldson
2nd Former

First time visitor

Post by Johndonaldson »

Not in touch with anyone from CH days for reasons Julian has identified - no relevant communication - busy life etc - hope this could change now life is less hectic. Must be getting old and sentimental - well done for setting this up -
littlejane
2nd Former

Post by littlejane »

Hi all subscribers,
I got an email from Julian telling me about the forum so had a squizz.
So far have found the site a little unwieldy, but then no broadband here yet :cry:
I have never :twisted: had any more to do with Ch since leaving - I suspect I hit it at its nadir (the girls bit anyhow) but was intrigued to know how others felt. The boys section obviously has had and still has a firm following - probably because it may have been more progressive ( it couldn't have been less :( ) - than the girls, maybe the forum will change my mind - maybe not.
What do you think?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

You are the second person in two days who has had bad memories of hertford - by the time I was at CH it was co-ed - was it really that bad there?

Welcome to the forum btw
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Hertford vs Horsham

Post by Euterpe13 »

To answer previous - yes, Hertford was the closest thing to a female Borstal imaginable - totally oppressive, surprised we didn't all turn into raging neurotic nymphos when we got out into the wide world ( well, ok, some did ....) . Sent my son to Horsham, and was totally blitzed by the difference - you younger lot have no idea how lucky you are !
eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

Excuse my ignorance, but how did Hertford get away with being so bad for so long? Seems an awful place to have been, were no complaints made etc?
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94