North Korea.......................

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

interesting indeed
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: North Korea.......................

Post by peter2095 »

J.R. wrote:......HAS tested a nuclear device, despite the condemnation of both Japan, AND China, along with Britain, Russia and the States.

Where do we go from here ?
I know this sounds obvious but there are a lot of variables; , in simple terms, its like a game of Poker, its just a case of waiting to see what North Korea's next move is and what hand they are going to play.

It also depends on what China's next move is aswell. Should they decide to see NK and take action then i could have some really dier consequences, however, at the moment they have denounced the actions, should they decide to back NK (which could be likely) then it will be one very powerful force.

Then you have the Japanese "hand", should the NK threaten to nuke Tokyo then it would probably kick off. Unless Japan / US / UK meet their wants.

In hindsight, it looks doubtful that the US would do anything, its a bit of a problem as well as they have so many troops in Iraq/Afganistan and maybe soon in Iran!!?? (i'm taking bets now if anyone is interested on invasion dates of Iran)

So in conclusion, no one can do anything with out it going seriously out of hand.

P.S if NK were to test again in the very near future, say a week or two then it would most deffinately go a bit pear shaped

Hope that makes sense
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Not sure of the exact facts but I believe the US have started placing sanctions on North Korea.

The main problem with sanctions is that they usually only affect the innocent.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

The US Sanctions means nothing to NK, imagine a 5 year old poking your arm for an hour and how wound up you would get, thats all that NK is, that little child trying to get a raise.

Saying that, I think alot of countries will have alot more respect for NK now if they do indeed have nuclear weapons.

Personal feelings are that, Al Qieda or some terrorist organisation will buy them. Then that really would be scary
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

The truely scary thought is that any terrorist outfit can make a nuke these days
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 82,00.html

True propaganda from the Yanks. They really seem to be trying to stir things up with South Korea and Japan.

What do they class as suspicious vehicle movement?

I think we should halt the M25 and with cars spell Up yours bush!

Lets see if the Yanks pick that up as suspicious vehicle movement!!
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

excellent article - did you all read that the Japanese government said it had information but refused to elaborate - twice in a very short article?

yeah we need to be careful of those vehicle movements...
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

Why do i get the feeling that the US are pushing for a war?

is it because then they can charge Japan billions of dollars for helping out?
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

peter2095 wrote:
I think we should halt the M25 and with cars spell Up yours bush!

Lets see if the Yanks pick that up as suspicious vehicle movement!!
Noted; don't try to come to the US unless you want to be diverted to Guantanamo for R & R,
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

Americans, the most frustrating people on earth.

Individually, they are often the most genuinely nice and giving people you can ever meet.

Collectively the biggest bunch of ARSEH***ES on the planet. They seem to think that everyone else wants to be an American and that only they know what is right. Collectively they really don't understand that there is always another point of view to be listened to and evaluated before acting.

Individually they know they are pretty stupid in their dealings withe the rest of the world. A a case in point was during Gulf War 2. I used to go on a forum that was a mix of Brits, Yanks, Aussies and some south Americans. They were all devastated when their soldiers started killing ours in friendly fire incidents and they kept saying sorry. Ask them if they were right to be there in the first place, to a man they said yes without question. At least over here there was healthy debate on the matter