Old Blue with recording equipment for the Carol Concert?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Old Blue with recording equipment for the Carol Concert?

Post by jtaylor »

It's been suggested that we may be able to record the Carol Concert next week, to be published as a podcast/download on the CHA site.......the problem being that we don't have any recording equipment which we can get our hands, or organise anything at this short notice.

Any Old Blues out there who could record the concert, and then convert to a digital format?

Lou and I can then get it onto the CHA website for Old Blues around the world to listen to....

Any volunteers??

If not, then it's something we'll plan for next year and try to make happen....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Jeeves
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Jeeves »

I'm aware that the Music department at C.H. have a range of microphones and a Korg portable digital recorder. Would make a good project for the A-level Music Tech lot. I would like to help but I can't make it that day.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Thanks for floating this on the Forum, Julian.
It would be great if someone out there could record it! Otherwise, as you say, we'll do it next year with proper planning.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

The man to ask is Mark Forster - he has the equipment and has set himself up as a freelancer. He left a few years ago and is used by the school from time to time. His dad John works as a music teacher here and could be contacted via the Music School.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Is Mark Forster a member of the Forum, Ian.. or does someone (?you?) need to seek him out for this purpose? If so, whatever contact has to be made needs to be made quickly. We are now six days away from the event.
Kerren Simmonds
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

I have his number but do not want to host it on the Forum. If someone emails me at work tomorrow ins@christs-hospital.org.uk I will let them have the number.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

OK Ian are you asking that someone else should ask him re recording the Carol Concert next week, or do you know him well enough to ask him yourself?
If not then please either PM me or Julian Taylor and either he or I will contact him......
Kerren Simmonds