Jerry Duggan "was murdered"

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Rex
GE (Great Erasmus)

Jerry Duggan "was murdered"

Post by Rex »

Today's Observer says leading forensic pathologists believe Jeremiah Duggan (ThA 1992-99) "was battered to death with a blunt instrument as he tried desperately to defend himself":

http://observer.guardian.co.uk:80/uk_ne ... 09,00.html
Last edited by Rex on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I really hope that there will be some closure on this story soon - Jerry was on my year at school...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

It's desperately sad. You have to hand it to the family for keeping the pressure up when they knew something was wrong with the original conclusion.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I believe there was some mention of this in the Obit section of the OB's site.

All seems very strange to me.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

It gets more interesting by the hour.

Given his religion and his attendance at the rally, I suppose there is absolutely no chance he may have had some connection with either of two large buildings in South London, one being very prominent at Nine Elms and on the banks of the Thames ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Thornton chimp
2nd Former

The truth is out there

Post by Thornton chimp »

It is a sad story, I was at a press conference earlier this year at Portcullis House, Westminster. What makes it doubly harrowing is that a different persons mother stood up and addressed the board of Lords and MPs and solicitors with the question

"My son died in suspicious circumstances abroad and the police investigation has been substandard, can you help me too?"
she was then followed by another woman who asked the same question, and then another.

Jerry is buried in Highgate cemetery, we all miss him.
I still live in Shellys wood.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Jerry Duggan "was murdered"

Post by Mid A 15 »

I (and probably a few other forum members) received this e mail this morning:

You were wonderful in supporting the Justice for Jeremiah petition but our battles continue and if nothing else these two important events will be a kind of Justice and prevent the dangers for others. The two experts from the States to my mind understand why Jeremiah died. Please come if you can to one of these events and spread the word to all your contacts. Ring or email as soon as possible as it helps with organization. Registration is on line on the www.justiceforjeremiah.com website for Northampton or email/phone Liberal Judaism for the Central London event.

TWO PUBLIC EVENTS:

GROWING EXTREMISM. HOW WORRIED SHOULD WE BE?

WHY DID JEREMIAH DIE?

For six years Erica Duggan has tried to find out what happened to her son Jeremiah. He was a young 22 year old and he went to Germany to attend what he thought was an anti-War conference and the next thing he is found dead. Despite Jeremiah phoning home shortly before his death, begging to be rescued the German police say its suicide and they need not investigate further. How can parents do the work of the police?

For six years people ask each other “What do you think really happened to Jerry?”
EVENT ONE:
ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM AT NORTHAMPTON UNIVERSITY where the PUBLIC AND ACADEMICS are invited to learn more about the RHETORIC OF EXTREMISM AND ITS CONSEQUENCES.
EVENT TWO:
IN CENTRAL LONDON THERE WILL BE A PUBLIC DEBATE WITH KEY SPEAKERS WHO ARE EXPERTS ON THE WORLDWIDE AND LITTLE UNDERSTOOD LAROUCHE MOVEMENT ORGANIZED BY LIBERAL JUDAISM.

This brings a rare opportunity to hear from political experts from the States Chip Berlet and Dennis King, into how fascist groups create an environment where racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, xenophobia and other forms of prejudice flourish.

CAN WE AFFORD TO IGNORE WHAT COULD VIOLENT CONSEQUENCES?

For years the International LaRouche organization has made false claims based on anti-Semitic conspiracies and has conducted a hate campaign against the British and the Jews. After Jeremiah’s death Jeremiah was labeled the enemy by Helga Zepp LaRouche the Head of the Youth Movement

THESE TWO IMPORTANT EVENTS initiates an urgent public debate into THE PERILS OF MODERN DAY FASCISM. One led by academics and the other by Rabbi Danny Rich, Chief Executive of Liberal Judaism.

In Northampton University the Seminar is intended to help politicians, researchers, academics, policy makers, law enforcement officers the media and concerned persons enlarge their knowledge about this topic.

The public meeting in Central London chaired by Executive Director of Liberal Judaism Rabbi Danny Rich gives the public the chance to debate and hear important speakers. This shows how Rabbi Danny Rich and University Academics are not afraid to raise their head above the parapet and raise questions that need to be addressed.

Chip Berlet maintains “Whether conspiracist claims are circulated by angry populists or anxious government officials, the dynamics generated by conspiracy theories are toxic to democracy. “

With growing financial hardship and societal tensions can we ignore dangerous forms of scapegoating and demonization?

Erica Duggan: “Jeremiah is dead and so far no authority wants to ask why or how. I don't believe one should be afraid to stand up to bullies .”

FRIDAY 26th June 2009 Park Campus, University of Northampton.
ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON “THE RHETORIC OF RIGHT-WING EXTREMISM TODAY”
and this includes eminent authorities; Professor Roger Griffin, Professor Janet Wilson and others. Also the experts from the States Chip Berlet and Dennis King who will speak on the Jeremiah Duggan case and neo – Fascism. There will also be victims families and ex members of the LaRouche cult who will provide evidence of the dangers to the individual and Society and give examples of how the hate campaigns against the British and the Jews works.

University regulations require PRIOR REGISTRATION by post/ email contact : matthew.feldman@northampton.ac.uk or Paul.jackson@northampton.ac.uk. State in your email/letter if you wish to pay £25 or £10 concession prior or on day.

MONDAY 29th June 7.30 pm
PUBLIC MEETING IN CENTRAL LONDON: THE BNP. HOW WORRIED SHOULD WE BE?
Chaired by Rabbi Danny Rich, Chief Executive of Liberal Judaism.
For reserving places and venue details contact Shelley@liberaljudaism.org or call 0207631 9835 ( a.s.p)

FOR Further information on BOTH EVENTS GO To www.justiceforjeremiah.com or email justiceforjeremiah@googlemail.com

Chip Berlet is senior analyst at Political Research Associates in the Boston area. ,Chip Berlet is the author of a new study entitled Toxic to Democracy: Conspiracy Theories, Demonization & Scapegoating. http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/toxic ... m-exec.pdf
Toxic to Democracy is available in PDF format from PRA at http://www.publiceye.org/toxic2democracy/
Berlet is co–author of Right-Wing Populism in America: Too Close for Comfort (Guilford, 2000) and editor of Eyes Right! Challenging the Right Wing Backlash (South End Press, 1995), both of which received a Gustavus Myers Center Award for outstanding scholarship on the subject of human rights and bigotry in North America.

Dennis King is the author of Lyndon LaRouche and the New American Fascism (Doubleday, 1989). He has written scores of articles for newspapers and magazines, the majority relating to the LaRouche network and other political cults and anti-Semitic groups.
Both Chip Berlet and Dennis King have written extensively on the circumstances surrounding the death of Jeremiah Duggan , A British Jew killed in Germany.
Press Release: Erica Duggan JUSTICE FOR JEREMIAH CAMPAIGN. email: justiceforjeremiah@googlemail.com.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of all this (and to be honest who knows) it is an absolute scandal that the British Government has not banged a few heads together in Brussels or elsewhere to find out what happened here.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

I am unlikely to attend either of these meetings, but Isee that the London one is chaired by Rabbi Danny Rich, described as Chief Executive of Liberal Judaism. He was until fairly recently the Rabbi of the local synagogue here in Kingston upon Thames and I have met him at various interfaith events. He is definitely a Good Guy.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

The whole thing stinks of a coverup - I hope that Jerry's mum finds out what really happened...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Another e mail received:

To supporters of Justice for Jeremiah

BRITISH CORONER CALLS FOR A RESPONSE FROM THE MURDER SQUAD

A COURT HEARING WILL BE HELD TO HEAR FROM THE POLICE ABOUT INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE DEATH OF YOUNG BRITISH JEWISH STUDENT JEREMIAH DUGGAN WHO DIED IN GERMANY 2003.

Place: North London Coroner’s Court, 
29 Wood Street,
High Barnet,
EN5 4BE

Tel: 020 8447 7680. Nearest tube Northern Line High Barnet.

Time: 9.00 am Thursday 16 September 2010

We have been waiting seven years for this and at last, we hope we will get a proper police investigation. We know how difficult it will be to get the British police to approach the German police who, from the start, have failed in their duties to investigate and who for years have done more to protect the LaRouche Organisation than to protect people against the dangers caused by them. The Hearing is welcomed by members of the Justice for Jeremiah Campaign who will be there to bear witness to the work of Her Majesty’s Coroner Mr Andrew Walker, who has promised to initiate an open, fair and full investigation.

It will help if as many people as possible attend the Hearing to show that we care.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

On June 22 2010 the fresh British Inquest was officially opened by Her Majesty’s Coroner, Mr Andrew Walker into the suspicious death of 22 year old Jeremiah Duggan. The Coroner reported that there could be no other approach but to hand over the files to the British police so that there can be a proper investigation. The police have had the files since July and as they contain evidence that Jeremiah was seen as the enemy, hunted down, hit and attacked, it is expected that a proper enquiry is underway.

For seven years Erica and Hugo Duggan have tried to find out what happened to their 22 year old son who was lured to Germany by an international Political Organisation headed by a convicted fraudster, Lyndon LaRouche. In the early hours of the morning Jeremiah rang his mother in terror for his life and begged to be rescued. Shortly after this phone call he was found dead, some miles out of the town, but only a short distance from the offices of the LaRouche organisation. The LaRouche organisation denies any involvement in Jeremiah’s death.

See www. LaRouche-danger. com for more information.

Despite all attempts in Germany by Erica and Hugo Duggan, the German authorities consistently refuse to open investigations. In a recent documentary called “Lost Abroad” Hartmut Ferse, the Prosecutor in Wiesbaden (having transferred from the Special Branch in Hessen,) and spokesperson for the authorities, stated it was no concern of the Wiesbaden Prosecutors office to enquire into the circumstances surrounding Jeremiah’s death. This is because they decided quickly that Jeremiah committed suicide and therefore they had no need to investigate.

On 5 August 2010 Erica Duggan took the case to the Court of Human Rights accusing Germany of violating article 2 because they failed to investigate sufficiently.

No witness statements were taken, there were no medical examinations of injuries, there was no post mortem, vital evidence was destroyed and the fact that Jeremiah’s blood-stained passport was in the possession of the leader of the LaRouche organisation, was completely disregarded.

For more information see www. Justiceforjeremiah.com.

Email: justgiceforjeremiah@googlemail.com.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

I so hope that the investigation goes ahead, the evidence is overwhelming that he was murdered.
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

I hope so too. The fact that he called his mother in fear of his life and then died is enough for me as a mother of a son.I will look into how I can support this mother. I will contact my MP in the first instance tomorrow. .
My sister works for Hansard and she says that a letter sent to an MP with a complaint is timesed (a word?)by 100. That is to say they believe that what any one person says , another hundred will agree. I will forward this to her -she is a great campaigner . I wonder if the CH as a body can be persuaded to put its mighty force behind this child of the CH family.There must be some OB who is a lawyer who is prepared to take look or who is only a few contacts away from finding someone who will.Let's start with Baroness Deach. She's an OB lawyer.Who knows her on here? Who is prepared to rattle a few cages? There must be someone.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

dinahcat wrote:I hope so too. The fact that he called his mother in fear of his life and then died is enough for me as a mother of a son.I will look into how I can support this mother. I will contact my MP in the first instance tomorrow. .
My sister works for Hansard and she says that a letter sent to an MP with a complaint is timesed (a word?)by 100. That is to say they believe that what any one person says , another hundred will agree. I will forward this to her -she is a great campaigner . I wonder if the CH as a body can be persuaded to put its mighty force behind this child of the CH family.There must be some OB who is a lawyer who is prepared to take look or who is only a few contacts away from finding someone who will.Let's start with Baroness Deach. She's an OB lawyer.Who knows her on here? Who is prepared to rattle a few cages? There must be someone.
multiplied.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Received this now:

To all our supporters

Her Majestys Coroner Mr Andrew Walker has postponed the forthcoming Preliminary Hearing which was to have taken place on Thursday 16 September at North London Coroners Court, as the British police have said that they have not begun their investigations yet.

One week before the Hearing was to take place the police state that priority is given to live murders enquiries and that a bidding and allocation process is in place that can take time.

THIS DELAY HAS CAUSED CONSIDERABLE DISAPPOINTMENT TO THE DUGGAN FAMILY AS DELAY OVER THE LAST SEVEN YEARS BY BOTH GERMANY AND BRITAIN HAS INFLICTED ADDITIONAL PAIN UPON THEM.

Campaign supporters who were planning to attend the Hearing have tried to console the family by expressing their hope and faith that the British police are taking their time in order to do a full and thorough investigation.

Anything less would be Justice Denied.

End of e mail.

Mid A 15 thoughts:

I can't help but think there are people in smoky Brussels or Whitehall rooms trying to suppress this in the hope it goes away...
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72