Old Blues Day 2007 - DATE FOR YOUR DIARY

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Anyone know where "Watlings Field" is? Doesn't ring a bell from my days at CH, but apparantly the clay shooting is happening there....

By the way, I'll be at the clay shooting (assuming I can find it!) from 2pm to 4pm, assuming nothing else pulls me away - do come and find me and introduct yourself - always keen to meet fellow forumites....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Sorry, don't know where this field is, but the office are producing a map for the day so it should be on there.

More stuff - it seems that people will be able to visit the boarding houses at some point during the afternoon. ALL housemasters and housemistresses have kindly agreed to this, and will be on hand at a time to be confirmed on the day.

The CHA merchandise stall will have a decent range of books, cards, prints and other other memorabilia, so will be well worth a visit.

CHA Board members will be easily identifiable - we'll all be wearing badges and our mugshots are on the programme- so anyone who wants to ask questions, make suggestions or just have a chat should feel free to track us down.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
AndrewH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by AndrewH »

jtaylor wrote:Anyone know where "Watlings Field" is? Doesn't ring a bell from my days at CH, but apparantly the clay shooting is happening there....

By the way, I'll be at the clay shooting (assuming I can find it!) from 2pm to 4pm, assuming nothing else pulls me away - do come and find me and introduct yourself - always keen to meet fellow forumites....

J
Not sure, but I have found them shooting clays in the field above Doctors Lake, about here!

Althought I know that they have used other sites at various times.
Andrew Harrison
Maine A 1970-73
Lamb A 1973-77
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Will there be mouse pads? Those lovely ones with Dining Hall on really caught my eye...
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Eruresto wrote:Will there be mouse pads? Those lovely ones with Dining Hall on really caught my eye...
Didn't find any of those, sorry!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

AndrewH wrote:
jtaylor wrote:Anyone know where "Watlings Field" is? Doesn't ring a bell from my days at CH, but apparantly the clay shooting is happening there....

J
Not sure, but I have found them shooting clays in the field above Doctors Lake, about here!

Althought I know that they have used other sites at various times.
I think that field has now been planted with trees...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I am assured that there will be some scarves on sale in tuckshop for those who may want one (knitted not college-type), although we would hope you won`t actually NEED one on Sunday!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Yes, those scarves are knitted by Mum and sown up by Grandma I think...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Yep!!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

I think CH sunhats would be a good idea, with the rapidly increasing number of gingers in the school...we used to have them at my old school and they worked rather well.
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Oh dear - I have looked at the page to register - and it is in PDF format - most of you probably feel that it is fine - however for some reason everytime I donwload (or try) a pdf file it crashes my system and I have no choice other than to give it the boot....

with having to go to Leeds on the 21st to pick up daughter from uni going to OBDay looks like adding to the stress of driving - it's what 350 mile round trip to Horsham, followed by a 300+ round trip to Leeds -hmm. do I want to do over 600 miles within 5 days? Nope - have emailed son and asked if he wants to go - that way we can share the driving *(we both hate being passengers so not sure that will work!!!)

So I think I will remain the tea & pee lady for those visiting from the Southwest etc.... just call me - see my id for numbers!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

is there a list somewhere of everything that's on? and how do i register for some shooting, should I be allowed to do it?
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Have a fab time all - I'm sorry we can't be there. Maybe next time. Look forward to hearing all about it next week!
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I'll try and sort out a scan of the programme which came with the tickets tomorrow morning, and post it here.

Re. shooting, it certainly says you can sign-up for the clay-shooting on-the-day, but not sure about the rifle shooting - I'd doubt that it's fully booked though, so you may be able to turn-up, pay, and shoot!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I will join Cathy and say

Have fun!

we await the news - don't forget your umbrellas!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach