Forum members at Old Blues' Day

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoe Mitchell
LE (Little Erasmus)

Forum members at Old Blues' Day

Post by Zoe Mitchell »

It's not long until Old Blues' Day now, and we're hoping to see lots of forum members at the event to join in the fun.
Don't forget that you do need to register, even if you're not paying for any meals etc. so that we can let the security team know how many people we expect and how many cars to make room for. You can download the form from the CHA website at:
http://www.chassociation.org
and fill in the application form on the Old Blues' Day page.
We will also have a number of stands in the Court Room with information on various OB matters such as the Rugby Club, the BSB etc. and I wondered whether you'd like to have a CH Forum stand to encourage more people to join, and also that you could all use as a meeting point if you do plan to meet up with other forum members on the day.
Let me know if you'd like this and I'll make sure there's room for you in the Court Room.
See you on the 17th,
Zoe
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

A stand sounds good Julian. What do you think ?

I'll almost definitely be there. Should we arrange a meeting point for forum memebers ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I really like the idea, sounds excellent. My only regret is that with everything else I've got on at the moment I just don't think I'll be able to organise anything.

Anyone fancy volunteering to sort it?
i.e. what signs would we need, flyers to take away etc. etc.??

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Already made the point, Zoe, in the Forum, that I had arranged to get to the Coleridge 20 yearly reunion despite innumerable other needs but for an annual event I can't afford the time.

Since you chose to change the date of the Coleridge event without reference to those potentially involved to one which is totally impossible ..... I'm not going to see any one this year.

Please, please, if you are going to arrange events do give us proper notice. I already have a date in my calendar for November 2009 - peeps do book their holidays up to 18 months in advance (though that one is a boozing session!) and I have to arrange my life around customers.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Zoe Mitchell
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Zoe Mitchell »

I do apologise for the late change of the date for the Coleridge reunion. This is because of the delay in the building work which meant that the building would not have been open, and in fact covered in scaffolding, in April when we had originally planned. Usually events are planned and promoted 18 months in advance, but in this single case unforeseen circumstances meant that we had to change it, and had in fact consulted a number of people who had expressed an interest about the change of date. A lack of time and resources us prevented us from checking with everyone, and the only other alternative was the cancel the event entirely.

With regards to OB Day, anyone who has any suggestions for fliers, posters etc. - and I'm happy to do the printing and photocopying this end if you can email it to me - then drop me a line. manager@chassociation.org
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

This sounds like a brilliant idea but I'm away the first week in June so don't know if I'm the best to organise it!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

My day is going to be very full on 17th June what with family and choir etc, but I can do some flyers about the forum and submit them for approval to the CHA and forum members on here, if you like.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

DavebytheSea wrote:My day is going to be very full on 17th June what with family and choir etc, but I can do some flyers about the forum and submit them for approval to the CHA and forum members on here, if you like.
That sounds good - we could also keep a few in the Court Room, along with stuff from the various sports clubs, OB societies, BSB etc.
Last edited by Richard Ruck on Mon May 21, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

OK - I'll pm Julian later
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

what Coleridge event? If relevant to me could someone give me details? If not, tell me to mind my own business.
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

There's a Col. A & B reunion planned for September:

http://www.chassociation.org/events/index.php
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Richard Ruck wrote:There's a Col. A & B reunion planned for September:

http://www.chassociation.org/events/index.php
I think Zoe is going to e-mail people when she knows more.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.