The old Guildford Brighton line through CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

The old Guildford Brighton line through CH

Post by DavebytheSea »

Train buffs might just be interested in this game which apparently centres around the old Christ's Hospital station. Incidentally, I used to travel to school on the steam train from Guildford my parents taking me to Cranliegh and my trunk going PLA (Passenger Luggage in Advance).

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info. ... GRRFFwccJg
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Well, I never saw it in use but you can now cycle pretty much down the whole length of that line on the Downs Link...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
postwarblue
Deputy Grecian

Guildford Line

Post by postwarblue »

This was a rare experience in its day - the dayroom deserted after the boys taking the Housey Special had left, and then carriages from some bygone era, the occasional fish van, and sometimes an unfortunate conjunction with Cranleigh breaking up on the same day.
'Oh blest retirement, friend to life's decline'
Misterbee
3rd Former

Post by Misterbee »

:oops: I'm no trian buff, but the train lines passing CH have very vivid memories for me.
The elctric line running from London to Portsmouth also ran within sight of my home village near the West Sussex coast. It was a tangible link with home for me when I was home sick. Sad but true!
The Guildford Brighton line I remember for altogether different reasons. See my response in the latest reply (27th Sept 07) to "train crash" in CH photos.
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967