First Leave Weekend - a Post Mortum??!

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: First Leave Weekend - a Post Mortum??!

Post by englishangel »

and how is it now they are home for Christmas?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

Hectic, noisy, busy, going very fast... lovely! :D :D Am rapidly brushing up on my Latin as DS has fallen behind a bit & we have pledged to do some catching up. As you are aware (see title of this thread), mine leaves a lot to be desired but then I didn't have the benefit of a classical education! :oops: Somewhat hampered by the fact that I have lost my voice so communication is non-verbal only. Anyone for classical sign language?

Hope all of you are enjoying the rapidly approaching festivities & will continue to do so... (fill in your own Christmas Smiley)
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Sounds like your in for a fun christmas then. I do miss the longer holiday over christmas. We have taken a week and a half of work this year-the first time ive not worked in any form during christmas week since i was 16. The three xmas holidays at uni i worked xmas eve,day and boxing day! :o
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

HuggerMother - you are totally correct in trying to get the bullying of your son sorted - I can only now thankully go back to those days when my son was possibly like yours - a little too open to being got at, easily riled, and bullied. In my time the houseparents didn't give a damn - so I am hopeful that yor sons houseparents are understanding of the problem and come down on the 3rd formers hard - it is possibly the hardest thing in your life to leave your child at boarding school, especially when they are down and don;'t want to go back....

You are brave and strong and between you and your son you will get through this stage. I send you thoughts and best wishes, hugs and knowledge that the education is great, the boarding side can be hard work - I am an Old Blue from Hertford, my son went to Horsham - we only lasted 3 years there, but he is now 24 and says it helped to make him stronger... not what you wanted to hear I know - but this is some 11 years later - so you can see what does happen.

Hot chocolate and a packet of biscuits sounds a very good idea - please feel free to contact me for anything - there is much support from Old Blues and ex parents of CH within this forum - and please use it as much as you need.

There are no words to describe the feelings a mother has, and I hope that your son flourishes this term and life becomes easier for all of you.
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

Jude, thank you so much. So far he is doing well and feeling good this term; I think the (slight) improvement in the weather & the move back to the refurbished house has helped tremendously! Hot chocolate & biscuits do indeed help tho gin has it's part to play, for me at least... :lol: He has been shown support & tremendous kindness by staff & other pupils (one of the third formers offered to "adopt" him) as have I (tho no-one offered to adopt me :D ).

What you say about the boarding is so true - when he was at his lowest, he said "If it was just the school, that would be fine it's the boarding that's the problem" - and that wasn't about being away from home, it was about having to be with other people day in & day out with no down time, no quiet space and almost no personal space. He has found ways to cope with that and hopefully it will ease further now he's in the new house.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

huggermugger wrote:"If it was just the school, that would be fine it's the boarding that's the problem" - and that wasn't about being away from home, it was about having to be with other people day in & day out with no down time, no quiet space and almost no personal space. He has found ways to cope with that and hopefully it will ease further now he's in the new house.
Sounds like DS is an extremely perceptive young man, as he's just taught me something I hadn't ever quite managed to work out for myself. Having done so will no doubt prove to be a big advantage for him. I'm genuinely impressed, huggermugger, and glad everything is working out well for you both.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

huggermugger wrote: (tho no-one offered to adopt me :D ).
The forum members did that a long time ago , didn`t they? :D
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

Mrs C - you do it every time; you're absolutely right of course & I have been & continue to be very grateful to you all! :heart: