WILD WEST

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Re: WILD WEST

Post by Richard Ruck »

J.R. wrote: Ar ! The wonders of alcohol, eh, Richard ??
Too right - Malawi Gin, very cheap and very wonderful.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: WILD WEST

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Rex wrote:If the man in question was indeed an Old Blue, it must surely have been David Stewart (LB 1925-31), comedian, hypnotist and actor, whose speciality was a one-man cowboy show involving rope-spinning and lassoing. He began doing it at the age of five in Cairo and, according to his Blue obituary, at CH ‘the only place he was able to practice roping often was in the toilet with a piece of string as the matron would confiscate any rope he managed to procure.’ He may of course have been in the Wild West later; much of his career seems to have been spent in Canada.
Thanks, that does sound like the bloke. The business about having learnt about it in the "Wild West" might well have been abit of flummery to impress the assembled Preps A&B. Another of life's little mysteries solved!

For Hopgood. That crack about "half an Indian" does not befit the dignity and gravitas expected of an editor and member of the CHA Board. Made me laugh though! But if you look at your own name in the same light, you are only half good!
David
PS Sorry everybody but I do not know how to escape from the quotes box.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I've corrected the quote - in order to quote stuff you just need
[quote]
at the start and
[/quote]
at the end.

If you want to name the quote, then it's
[quote="jtaylor"]
at the start.

You also need to untick the "Disable BBCode in this post" check box, otherwise it treats it like text (like it has here, because I've ticked it!)

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Dear Julian,
Thank you, sir. I'll try and get it right next time! We old blokes take a bit of time to get into all this stuff!
David
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Julian !

As an old 'press-hack' once asked me,

"Can I QUOTE you on that ??"
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.