30 years on reunion - 10th May

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

lrw
2nd Former

30 years on reunion - 10th May

Post by lrw »

Hello all

Well, I've finally taken the plunge and joined after lurking once or twice. Been thoroughly enjoying reading a number of topics over the weekend that I will respond to soon (especially Gemma's but ran out of time the other day on the 9th page!!).

I wondered if anyone was going to the reunion this Saturday 10th May, or perhaps you're tempted but not sure?!

There are a few of us going that I know of: Jane Cottage, Valerie Uglow, me (Lyn Russell-Whitaker) and I believe Charlie Lycett is signed up. Helen McNair Smith is looking at flying in from Zurich. We're also asking people from around the time too, and Jane Rennie (née Parker) has signed up and not sure who else.

Anyone got any more information?

love

Lyn
x
nastymum
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: 30 years on reunion - 10th May

Post by nastymum »

Hello Lyn
I am not quite sure who you are but I know Valerie Uglow , Charlotte Lycett and Helen Mc Nair Smith. I have considered going to the reunion but have a child who I don't suppose I could bring with me ( I also have two at CH) . What a shame. Not a shame that I have two children at CH but that I won't be able to go!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

'Fraid I'm not young enough !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

nastymum wrote: I have considered going to the reunion but have a child who I don't suppose I could bring with me ( I also have two at CH) . What a shame. Not a shame that I have two children at CH but that I won't be able to go!
Don't quite understand about not being able to take your child. Surely, CH is a school and used to having children to look after.
I bet no-one would object if you took your child along.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

jhopgood wrote:
nastymum wrote: I have considered going to the reunion but have a child who I don't suppose I could bring with me ( I also have two at CH) . What a shame. Not a shame that I have two children at CH but that I won't be able to go!
You should go and take your child, why not? (Apart from anything else he/she'll get to see his siblings!) Still not decided about the 30years - I think it's because Horsham wasn't my school and I remember being lost on the first day at Hertford (in fact for most of the first week!) - not sure I want to repeat that experience! Still definitely up for Aug 2nd in Hertford tho'!
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Well, I've finally taken the plunge and joined after lurking once or twice. Been thoroughly enjoying reading a number of topics over the weekend that I will respond to soon (especially Gemma's but ran out of time the other day on the 9th page!!).
P.S. Welcome to the forum Lyn in case no-one else has already done it and I've not been paying enough attention. (Wouldn't be the first time!)

Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
lrw
2nd Former

Post by lrw »

P.S. Welcome to the forum Lyn in case no-one else has already done it and I've not been paying enough attention. (Wouldn't be the first time!)
Thank you for your welcome, Gerrie - and for your PM to which I've replied.

Jennie, it certainly seems that it would be perfectly fine if you wanted to bring your offspring (son/daughter?) on Saturday - my only concern is that they might find it boring (age?) but as someone else said he/she (forgive me if you've mentioned their gender) has siblings at the school so would at least get to see them! The more the merrier, I say.

Lyn
x
lrw
2nd Former

Post by lrw »

J.R. wrote:'Fraid I'm not young enough !
We have a few people not from that year coming, J.R., so if you were feeling curious or even a little lonely ..... :)

Lyn
x
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

lrw wrote:Hello all

I wondered if anyone was going to the reunion this Saturday 10th May, or perhaps you're tempted but not sure?!

There are a few of us going that I know of: Jane Cottage, Valerie Uglow, me (Lyn Russell-Whitaker) and I believe Charlie Lycett is signed up. Helen McNair Smith is looking at flying in from Zurich. We're also asking people from around the time too, and Jane Rennie (née Parker) has signed up and not sure who else.

Anyone got any more information?

love

Lyn
x
Hi Lyn, and welcome to the forum. I saw Valerie Uglow at the Hertford reunion last month, but please do me a favour and say hi to Charlie Lycett for me. She was such a character, I often wonder what she's doing these days.

Many thanks
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
lrw
2nd Former

Post by lrw »

Jo wrote:Hi Lyn, and welcome to the forum. I saw Valerie Uglow at the Hertford reunion last month, but please do me a favour and say hi to Charlie Lycett for me. She was such a character, I often wonder what she's doing these days.

Many thanks
Hi Jo

Thank you for the welcome. I think we must have seen each other at the Hertford Reunion too, as I was with Valerie - and I certainly remember your name very well.

Will certainly say hi to Charlie from you (am going to have to start writing all these 'hellos' down!) - yes, I remember her as a character too and am looking forward to seeing her.

Lyn
x
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, my wife and I have just ordered our tickets (rather belatedly).

Even the weather's looking good.....
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
lrw
2nd Former

Post by lrw »

Richard Ruck wrote:Well, my wife and I have just ordered our tickets (rather belatedly).

Even the weather's looking good.....
Look forward to meeting you both tomorrow, Richard.

best

Lyn
x
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I won't be there.

Hope the weather gets better again for you all.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Hope you all have/had a fab day and recommended this forum to all and sundry that you came across.

By the way, Forum Originators - saw someone's birthday link on the Board Index and took a flyer that from that persons age and name spelling she may be one of my old dorm mates - and it was ! Congratulations for an idea that turned out to be useful for more than a birthday report! :)

Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.