Was CH Horsham Designed to Be Gay?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: Was CH Horsham Designed to Be Gay?

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Delicately put, Chaz, I thought - jolly well done! :clap: :postwhore:

OOPS, slip of the finger on that second emoticon, and I have no idea how to get rid of it! :lol: :lol:
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

CHAZ wrote: Helicopters.... grabbing ones fish and tackle and rotating at great sped liek a helicopter
Can tell you were in Peele! :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Vonny wrote:
CHAZ wrote: Helicopters.... grabbing ones fish and tackle and rotating at great sped liek a helicopter
Can tell you were in Peele! :lol:

As mentioned before, the school champion was a gentleman from Jamaica...I wonder why!!!
But the game had died out by the time I left Peele B in 1984.

How silly we were then, n'est-ce pas?
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

How many of you - erm - stood in a circle (?) to do this helicopter thing? Minimum three? More? And was there a winner in various categories, say, speed, size, endurance?

No, no! :lol: too much...
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
White Flag
2nd Former

Post by White Flag »

Can't we boys do anything in private nowadays?
Could do better !
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

"You can't beat a good audience."

(Noel Coward - 1966 !) :roll:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Angela Woodford wrote:How many of you - erm - stood in a circle (?) to do this helicopter thing? Minimum three? More? And was there a winner in various categories, say, speed, size, endurance?

No, no! :lol: too much...

Angela you have a rich imagnation which I must leave in tact as it would be a real shame to reveal all, don't you think?
However I will say we were not in circles and thsi most often happened in the showers...there was an element of risk too
of over excitement!!!!!! :oops:
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Oh, right, CHAZ. I do see that the showers must have been the best venue for the helicopter activities. Quite so!

*frowning earnestly*

However, really not suitable for the Biscuit Game? Stephen Fry writes, referring to the pursuit at Winchester, that the participants would stand in circular formation; and I would imagine that it would be essential for the biscuit (wholemeal Digestive, according to SF) to remain dry until the final stages of the competition?

I once heard of a fascinatingly creative and imaginative dormitory occupation that involved the projection on to the dorm wall of the stimulation of vital parts by a boy with a powerful torch, to the commentary and applause of the pyjama'd audience.

Son et Lumière!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Now that we have exploded ( :lol: ) the Forum with boys' strange pastimes, some myth, some real...any juicy Hertford stories???
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Alas!

How I wish I might entertain you with some scintillating, titillating tales!

But, as far as I was concerned, there is nothing to tell! We were terrifically modest. See Alex's reminiscences of being reminded of eventual hellfire when she didn't get dressed under her nightie! DR's Tampax Talk! The hideous embarrassment of Squizzing with Nellie!

Unless another Hertford Girl can come up with anything exciting? Mary V, weren't things more thrilling in the dorm in 2's?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh - hey - you're Madame Moderatoress these days... sorry... :oops:
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Now you have ruined my evening ! I am about to console myself with a VERY large scotch --- No No ! not a Scot !
I remember in Ba B in the 40s, after Rugby, we all sat in the Showers Trough one behind the other --- This never occurred to me, or anyone else ,as far as I remember as being "Weird" in any way . I think "Spoonbill's treatise was well constucted, and has cerainly had the desired effect, of eliciting comment.
I had better give evidence that I played Rugby, until 40 and had 33 fights as a boxer, with a Championship included.
2 sons and married twice !
May I be politically incorrect and rouse the Female Old Blues ? --- My First Wife (of 20 years) was a Model, My second wife (Of 33 years) is a Nurse ------ That's how a man's priorities change in his life !
None of this is proof that I am not "Cut on the Bias" but if you want positive proof, either way, "Come aboard my Yacht for the Weekend my deear !"
BaB 35 11940-1946. Anyone else remember the Trough?
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

And the things they used to say about Nurses at Hertford! But never in front of DR
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Both Munch and I are/were nurses so you can't shock us, but I can't think of anything remotely titillating from 2's. Fanny may have smoked like a chimney but it didn't affect her hearing.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Ow come on gals there must be something "wild" that happened at hertford. Can't believe that tehre isn't a feminine version of helicopters. the biscuit game may be a bit more tricky...aaaaaaaaaHHHH.

Nothing at all???
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Sean
3rd Former

Post by Sean »

I have to agree with Chaz, you lovely ladies must have some stories about the Hertford amenities.

Does anyone remember "christenings".......... Just water if you were accepted, something added if they weren't sure about you, something much much worse if you were a sneak. As long as I live, I will never forget YM in junior houses getting it for sneaking, YUCK.
Middleton B '73 to '78